.MP3 files not recognized on Mate 20 Pro

• 4 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Mate 20 pro music player does not find my music files.. format is .mp3 .. any reason?

I have 130 Audio files and found only 22 of them by music player rest not been recognised..

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi, check the file sizes missing from the media player are not 0b. What can happen is when transferring files if the process is interrupted (like unplugging USB) you can be left with empty shortcuts. You may just need to copy them over again. Then tap the scan media button that looks like this:

Userlevel 4
Mate 20 pro music player does not find my music files.. format is .mp3 .. any reason?

I have 130 Audio files and found only 22 of them by music player rest not been recognised..

In addition to the suggestion above, try using Google Play Music (should be pre-installed) to see if the files are recognised and audible. If the problem persists, the issue is with the audio files as the Mate 20 range supports full MP3 decoding and playback. It also supports AC3 playback at a hardware level but lacks the licence on the Mate 20 and 20 Lite.
Thanks for the reply and either google play music able to find the files, but if i go to the files - audio able to play them one by one.. weird..
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the reply and either google play music able to find the files, but if i go to the files - audio able to play them one by one.. weird..

So Google Play Music is able to 'see' the files and play them? Sorry, I didn't quite understand what you said.
Hi Piers,
I can play the files by going to (files-Audio) but non of the music players sync them into library.

Cheers
Userlevel 4
Badge
@anaj_J Try resetting the Google Play Music app by clearing cache and data and then it should re-scan your device to pick up any audio files.
Userlevel 4
Hi Piers,
I can play the files by going to (files-Audio) but non of the music players sync them into library.

Cheers

What happens if you add another album to your collection and attempt to scan them into your library?