Question

My Mate 20 Pro won't turn on - died

• 13 December 2018
  • 13 replies

Hello guys, I have the mate 20 pro for like a month now and out of nowhere it just died.. I really don't know what to do.
I just picked it up to unlock it and suddenly I realized it's not even on. I tried to connect it the the power adapter and still nothing.. tried power button + volume to see if it even vibrate but yet .. nothing at all. Tried to connect it to a pc and still nothing so I really don't know 😕 When It was connected to power the power adapter wasn't even a little hot like I didn't connect anything to it so maybe it can't be recognized I hqve no idea..
I would really be glad if someone can help even a little and solve my problem 🙂
Thanks.

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Have you tried a different charger just to make sure it's not the charger at fault, might just be a dead battery and a new charger required. Or perhaps try a hard reset. Think it's hold down power and volume up for 15 seconds then choose reboot option.
Regards Jase
I don't know if this will work but try it why not try holding down power+volume up + volume down
Hey, thanks for fast replying :)
Already tried hard reset/different charger :/
Still dead idk it's really weird .. and tried all possible combinations with the volume + power buttons :(
Anything else to do?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hey, thanks for fast replying :)
Already tried hard reset/different charger :/
Still dead idk it's really weird .. and tried all possible combinations with the volume + power buttons :(
Anything else to do?

Your welcome, Sorry to hear that didn't work though, I'm not sure what else to try. Sometimes when a phone is completely out of battery it won't restart until the battery reaches a certain percentage, so if you've got definite working charger leave it for at least 30 minutes and try again, if that fails you may have to take phone back for a repair/replacement. Unless someone's got another suggestion?

Regards Jase
Take it into your service provider as it will be under warranty or contact Huawei directly for repair.
This same thing has just happened to me :'(
Only had the phone a month.
It happened after I put it on to charge. The charge light was on, and even now when I plug it in, the light is green.
But as soon as I press the on button the light goes off. Also when I try the down volume and on button together, it gives a little vibrate and does nothing.
It happened after I put it on to charge. The charge light was on, and even now when I plug it in, the light is green.
But as soon as I press the on button the light goes off. Also when I try the down volume and on button together, it gives a little vibrate and does nothing.

I think that in your situation your screen died.. but I didn't even get the charging light or a vibrate I don't get anything at all .. >

I think that in your situation your screen died.. but I didn't even get the charging light or a vibrate I don't get anything at all .. >

Did you get it resolved? Who did u get in touch with?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @idanassis, @Ccatkat

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device, and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In this case I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
Hello @Max
Happy New year!

I contacted the Huawei hotline on 17th Dec. I was told I would be sent a pre paid envelope for returning the phone for inspection.
But I am yet to receive it.

I have to say I'm really disappointed this is taking so long to resolve. I got the phone for its camera and was looking forward to using it over the holidays but instead my 1 month old phone was sat useless for the whole holiday. And will be out of action for another 3 to 4 weeks while it is sent back and inspected etc.

I made a decision to switch to a new brand and within a month I'm seriously regretting this decision and wish I'd stuck with Samsung 😞 as the phone will have been replaced or repaired within a week with them.
HI GUYS

I had the same issue and pressed both the power button and volume down button for about 30 seconds and it rebooted for me just fine
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I see you've tried a different charger, but what about a different cable?

Cheers

Steve
Same thing happened to me nearly 3 weeks ago. The phone switched off whilst I was using it and never came back on. Tried every method of restarting and charging but nothing. The phone is 5 months old so I got in contact with support as its under warranty. Big mistake! I sent the phone off to their chosen repair centre SBE. After two weeks they decided to tell me my phone was warranty voided. I dropped the phone two months ago, whilst in an official Huawei case, it caused a small crack in the back glass. Never affected the phone in any way and used it for two months until it died. Because of this crack they told me it's not under warranty now and they sent me an invoice for £1200.05 to repair it! Unbelievable. I already explained to support before I sent the phone about the crack in the back glass and that it happened two months previous. 1200 pounds is more than the phone cost to buy new! Why wouldn't I just buy a new phone if I had that money spare! Huawei are an absolute joke. I tried disputing the case and they have said they won't. Its void so either pay the repair money or get a broken phone back, which I have to pay £15 for delivery! I've heard many stories of them scamming money out of people and I have fell victim to this. Avoid Huawei like the plague. Great phones, but as soon as something goes wrong you are on your own or will have to pay extortionate prices for a repair.