Question

My phone is overheating

• 22 November 2018
  • 17 replies

The past couple of days my phone has been getting really hot. Is this normal ?..I've done a factory reset and not going to install anything yet to keep an eye on it..thanks

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Leec71,

Welcome on the community!

Is it getting hot while charging? In that case, please make sure you use an original charging cable. And I suggest closing all apps when you notice that the device gets hot. I also found this article on why your phone might be overheating. There are a few tips and tricks in the article that might be useful!

Please let me know if this helps. 🙂
I really love it but it is very hot to touch it with my hands is it possible to have it
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Rosie butcher, Welcome on the community! I moved your question to this thread.

Please turn off your phone if it gets really hot and let it cool down. It should not be to hot to touch.

And please take a look at my comment above and let us know if you need any assistance. 🙂
It shouldn't be hot to the touch. If you're still having the issue after what Amy suggested, then I would get in touch with warranty. Even when charging, it shouldn't be getting super hot. It could be indicative of a hardware issue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Also make sure you don't leave it on charge overnight. Modern batteries can burst into flames when heated.

Don't want to scare monger but it's true.

I agree with @Xiro - you probably need to get it repaired/replaced.

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Make sure your phone is not in performance.mode.

Settings >> Battery >> Performance Mode

I have bought my p30 pro a week ago and I've noticed that the phone is overheating when charging. Is it anything I can do about this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Danidasn,

I moved your post here. Please read the thread and let us know if you still need assistance.
@chillphone I am no noob.. Its not about settings, it's hardware issue. Phone is overheating when charging, playing a game and sometimes when in my pocket
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
If you don't believe your phone is a software issue ,posting in the forum won't resolve your issue @Danidasn

Ill assume your in the UK as your posting in the UK community, so your device will be covered by warranty and I'd contact

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/
My p20 Pro did some sort of software update last night and today my battery is running out very quickly and my home button is over heating along with the phone but home button is especially hot.. Has this happened anyone else? If so any suggestions to fix it
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Bofed have you check the settings as @chillphone suggested?

Make sure your phone is not in performance.mode.

Settings >> Battery >> Performance Mode

@Danjl thanks but I have it off.. I done a full factory reset and the home button is still hot and battery runs out very quickly
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Bofed Ok, I've raised with support - you can also contact them directly if you want.
Over the last 3 days I have lost the fingerprint function The home button gets exceptionally hot and the battery drains very quickly Cleared cache and also uninstalled recent apps Doesn't make any difference if in safe mode Its a P20 pro
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello @Ewan, welcome to the community!

Please perform a factory reset in this case in order to fix this issue!

Let me know if this helped and if you need further assistance!

You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Userlevel 1
i have the problem aswell on my bootloader locked p20 pro it keeps overheating with the slightest workload i fixed this on my second p20 pro because it has an unlocked bootloader and it uses way less power but overall is faster in use. but i seem to not able to do this for my standard not rooted p20 pro.

any solutions other then unlocking the bootloader because u guys stopped the service...?