New EMUI update - Block all strangers

• 8 December 2018
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 4
Has anyone noticed a change in their phone manager app after the update?

26 replies

1. Fluid gestures.works perfectly now and can be used with 3rd party launchers - so assume fixed accessibility service being closed

2. Face unlock improved

Not noticed anything else significant
Userlevel 4
I cannot seem to block calls and messages from strangers anymore. Before the update the block facility was working fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Still waiting on 146 from Vodafone 🙄 I know others have received it already.
Userlevel 3
Still waiting on 146 from Vodafone 🙄 I know others have received it already.
Yeah I got mine Thursday on Vodafone I'm on Mate 20 Pro, LYA-L09, C432 and got the 9.0.0.146. Hopefully yuu get it asap
Userlevel 3
I cannot seem to block calls and messages from strangers anymore. Before the update the block facility was working fine.

Where is this option I dont even see this option now since update.
Userlevel 4

That's what I'm trying to point out here. @Amy can you look into this.
Userlevel 3

That's what I'm trying to point out here. @Amy can you look into this.

I meant where is or where was this setting and I'll have a look to see if it's been removed from my phone too for you
Userlevel 4
@DelBoyJamie once you go into your phone manager, go into blocked then go to block rules, now before the update you had many options to block strangers and unknown numbers , even completely block everyone from calling, same with messages, i could even stop strangers messaging me. And now with this update, they have edited all this and give us what you see on my screenshot. I will ring Huawei on Monday to try getting to the bottom of this, as this is spoiling my experience with the phone...
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You click on block rules then you can add someone or a number to your block list for calls or messages.

If you want to block all calls and messages you would go to airplane mode.
Userlevel 4
You click on block rules then you can add someone or a number to your block list for calls or messages.

If you want to block all calls and messages you would go to airplane mode.

Before the update I never needed to put my phone on airplane mode, as that restricts my data usage. All I had to do was go into block rules and thier I would be able to tweak my block list. With this I have no option of controlling unwanted calls from unknown numbers.
Userlevel 4
I don't think you guys are getting what I mean about the previous block rule facility. Take a look at these images, this is how it was before the update....

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Rajass,

I asked our support team to look into this!
Userlevel 4
Hey Rajass,

I asked our support team to look into this!

Thank you @Amy . I will be waiting for s response...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Rajass,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried doing a hard factory reset to the device since the update?
To hard reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).
Also please remember to make a backup of any important data since this will remove any internal storage files.

Let me know how it reacts afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Hi Rajass,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried doing a hard factory reset to the device since the update?
To hard reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).
Also please remember to make a backup of any important data since this will remove any internal storage files.

Best wishes,
Max

Thanks for the advice @Max . I will be performing the hard reset once I finish work. But, are you experiencing the same problem with your phone manager app? Or is this just me?
Userlevel 3

Hi Rajass,

Best wishes,
Max
Thanks for the advice @Max . I will be performing the hard reset once I finish work. But, are you experiencing the same problem with your phone manager app? Or is this just me?

Same here and I've done a hard reset and those options are no longet there.
Userlevel 4
@DelBoyJamie after the hard reset did your phone manager app go back to normal with the old block rule facility?
Userlevel 3
@DelBoyJamie after the hard reset did your phone manager app go back to normal with the old block rule facility?
Nope all those features seem to of been removed
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Just want to let you know that we are aware of the new interface in regards to the Block List and the Blacklist and we are looking into this as writing.
With a better understanding of the new feature, we will be able to provide you with a proper answer and with according steps on how to add unknown numbers to the blacklist again.
As soon as we receive more information regarding this, we will post them as soon as possible!

Will keep you updated! 😀
Max
Userlevel 4
@Max @Amy any updates about what happened to the block facility? I've received an update, thought it would have fixed itself but it hasn't...
any news regarding this?
i have build 9.0.0.183.
but still,call blocker and message blocker didn't work
Userlevel 4
any news regarding this?
i have build 9.0.0.183.
but still,call blocker and message blocker didn't work

Same here. I can't believe it's taking this long to find out why Huawei suddenly changed their phone manager settings? Why fix something that isn't broken? That was one of the main reasons I purchased the Huawei mate 20 pro. Now I feel like I was sold a lot of misinformation.
Do you have an update on this? I just bought a Y9 2019 here in the Philippines
Android Version 8.1.0
EMUI 8.2.0
Build JKM-LX2 8.2.0.131 (C636)
I can clock Unknown calls but Even if a I turn on the Message Block, it still keeps coming in

I did a Factory Reset
Also checked where the phone book is saved (probable reason)
Still the messages are coming through

The only reason why I didn't push for an IOS is because for the call and SMS blocking capability

My friends who havea Nova 2i (oreo) and Nova 3i (Pie) are not having issues with these.

I sure hope you guys can get that fixed, I have a 3 day old device, and so far this is the only thing that is keeping me from using it I am still using my Zen Fone 2, just because the Call and SMS blocking is not working as expected.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

We are still looking into this matter why some of our users are missing the Block All Strangers features as some have it available on their devices (as you can notice on the pictures above posted by different users).

In the meanwhile, could you please message me with the Serial Number of your device? It will help us to understand the situation better.

Best regards,
Max
I need to know how to block unknown numbers on emui 9.0.0.168?