New insights to the upcoming Mate 20 Pro phones.......

• 28 September 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
All the talk seems to be about the Kirin 980 Processor and Triple Camera on the new phones, but wait......

This article here has just being circulated in the Huawei Group I'm part of and the insights coming out of Israel show the slides for the Mate Pro 20 launch next month - the slides show show much about the phone!

This is going to be a truly amazing and I think personally in my opinion, these slides are just the tip of the iceberg of what's coming....

Please have a look at the article and I'd love to hear your thoughts if these features will make you change to Huawei or upgrade to this as soon as it's launched.....

Oh one part that I think you'll be interested is a brand SD Card to the market which is unique to Huawei.....has that grabbed your attention......

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Interesting read

In-screen fingerprint = The Huawei Porsche design already has this im sure.
Changes to Micro SD to Nano is a pain for the consumer = Either beef up the internal or stick with Micro SD.
In screen speakers and E-Sim are the next technology to be enabled I think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The cubed camera module is what Im looking forward to learning more about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Im interested in trying out these new cameras. Some sites were reporting a few days ago that the Mate 20 Pro was scoring higher on DXOMark than the P20 Pro yet this report states the phone will use a 24Mp camera as the main shooter. Now I know megapixels aren't everything, so if this camera really outperforms the P20 Pro it must be something really special indeed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Well its Huawei's next iteration, so it will have an improved AI chip, maybe with some awsome feature linked to it.

Possibly wireless charging but Im cool if it doesnt.

My wish list is optical zoom, even better battry and or battery management. AI tricks for photography oh and its foldable lol
Userlevel 5
Badge
Interesting read

In-screen fingerprint = The Huawei Porsche design already has this im sure.
Changes to Micro SD to Nano is a pain for the consumer = Either beef up the internal or stick with Micro SD.
In screen speakers and E-Sim are the next technology to be enabled I think.

Indeed @Gordo26 - the new type storage SIM is interesting
Userlevel 5
Badge
The cubed camera module is what Im looking forward to learning more about.

I think @chillphone there is going to be more leaks over the week on this
Userlevel 5
Badge
Im interested in trying out these new cameras. Some sites were reporting a few days ago that the Mate 20 Pro was scoring higher on DXOMark than the P20 Pro yet this report states the phone will use a 24Mp camera as the main shooter. Now I know megapixels aren't everything, so if this camera really outperforms the P20 Pro it must be something really special indeed.

Agreed @Tony - did you see my post in the News section here about about the DxOMark article? I think this new camera is going to be amazing and I personally think each year the camera technology is going to get better and better. I think it will be hard to find a manufacturer to surpass Huawei in the market for many years ahead
Userlevel 5
Badge
Well its Huawei's next iteration, so it will have an improved AI chip, maybe with some awsome feature linked to it.

Possibly wireless charging but Im cool if it doesnt.

My wish list is optical zoom, even better battry and or battery management. AI tricks for photography oh and its foldable lol

With many cars now introducing a tray in the centre console to place your mobile phone on which allows Wireless Charging, i think the move by Huawei to introduce this is key and will be a Gamechanger. The AI Chip will just get better each and every year and for me the Chip this time next year or early 2020 will be the one that changes the way we truly use our phones.

You raise a good point here @chillphone and if a phone can ever have all the features of a Digital Camera, I think Huawei will be the manufacturer to introduce it and again, another Gamechanger in the Smartphone market. The issue I see ahead, is whether the folding smartphone that's due next year, can actually have the same superior Camera qualities, features and technology
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Im interested in trying out these new cameras. Some sites were reporting a few days ago that the Mate 20 Pro was scoring higher on DXOMark than the P20 Pro yet this report states the phone will use a 24Mp camera as the main shooter. Now I know megapixels aren't everything, so if this camera really outperforms the P20 Pro it must be something really special indeed.Agreed @Tony - did you see my post in the News section here about about the DxOMark article? I think this new camera is going to be amazing and I personally think each year the camera technology is going to get better and better. I think it will be hard to find a manufacturer to surpass Huawei in the market for many years ahead

I read all your posts mate, they're very informative - and I agree, Huawei will be market leaders in this area for a long time to come.
Userlevel 4
Thank you for sharing the article, my thoughts below 👍🏻

1. Not sure how I feel about replacing the telephoto lens with a wide angle lens. Hopefully the new AI smart zoom feature does a great job.

2. Bigger battery is always a winner.

3. Nano SD is a welcomed improvement as it will require less space internally, freeing up more room for other technologies/ performance improvements.

4. In-screen fingerprint reader indicates a potential loss of the chin from the bottom of the screen.

Jamie
Userlevel 3
The nano card is just another way to make cash. One won't be included In future handsets probably.. As for the other new features, will wait and see how they perform in actual use and if they are useful or just to play with.
Userlevel 5
Badge
[quote user="Jmé"]Thank you for sharing the article, my thoughts below 👍🏻

1. Not sure how I feel about replacing the telephoto lens with a wide angle lens. Hopefully the new AI smart zoom feature does a great job.

2. Bigger battery is always a winner.

3. Nano SD is a welcomed improvement as it will require less space internally, freeing up more room for other technologies/ performance improvements.

4. In-screen fingerprint reader indicates a potential loss of the chin from the bottom of the screen.

I think you are right the Lens and it's ability sounds maybe wrong to remove but until we see what these new Lens offer, we can't say really.

Personally, I'm so surprised how Huawei is not really being touched or copied when it comes to battery life, so this increase takes it even further ahead. SD card,

I'm still not sure whether this is something that we all need - the size of the memory of existing phones seems very adequate already and I've not seen anyone complain about the size to date.

I think if you look at the Honor10 launched back in June this year, it has this feature and it seems to be going well with the Honor fans who are big photography and video makers/users.

Great points @Jmé and look forward to hearing more from you when you've had chance to see/use the new phone as I'm not a big photography user, so your points are always enlightening to myself
Userlevel 5
Badge
The nano card is just another way to make cash. One won't be included In future handsets probably.. As for the other new features, will wait and see how they perform in actual use and if they are useful or just to play with.

Interesting thought @jj03 and I'm not quite sure why you think it's a way to make money? I'd be interested to hear why you think it's a way to make money?