Answered

New Mate 20 Pro, from P9 - Data Transfer?

• 29 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Title says it all really, I need to transfer everything onto my lovely new handset. I'm concerned about things like Microsoft Authenticator, used for all my 2FA logins. Does Huawei have software to transfer everything? Apps, logs, messages, What's App, etc?

Cheers all,
icon

Best answer by Jmoon 29 December 2018, 16:49

Title says it all really, I need to transfer everything onto my lovely new handset. I'm concerned about things like Microsoft Authenticator, used for all my 2FA logins. Does Huawei have software to transfer everything? Apps, logs, messages, What's App, etc?

Cheers all,

Hey @HailVectron , welcome to the Mate 20 Pro club. Have you looked at Huawei's Phone Clone app?
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Cheers all,

Hey @HailVectron , welcome to the Mate 20 Pro club. Have you looked at Huawei's Phone Clone app?
I used Phone Clone to move from a Mate 9 to a Mate 20 Pro, and this did successfully copy Google Authenticator and Lastpass details.
Awesome, thanks. I'll check it out!
Awesome, thanks. I'll check it out!
Although, can I use this without a sim card in the new phone? It's an upgrade handset
Wow, well, installed phone clone on my old handset, and when I booted up the Mate 20, it already had it on there, and went straight into the restore. Most apps seem to have been copied over correctly, but photos from my sd card aren't in the gallery, but are in Google Photos. So a bit of cleanup to do, but I'm happy 😊