Answered

New Mate P20 Pro wont work with Mirrorlink

• 21 February 2019
  • 18 replies

Hi. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I’m a new member. I’ve just got the P20 Mate Pro which is a great phone but it won’t entertain Mirrorlink in my car. My old phone was a Samsung S8 and it connected without issue. Any advice please?
icon

Best answer by Max 10 April 2019, 19:17

Hi all,

I am sorry about the confusion created so far in regards to this and the frustration caused.

The Mate 20 models do not support the Mirror Link feature, regardless of the model (Mate 20, Mate 20 Lite, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Mate 20 Porsche Design).

If your require further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Max
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Make sure the mate 20 pro is updated.

I have android auto working.
Thanks chillphone. I’ve updated it to the latest software so it’s not that. Just not being recognised by the car unit for some reason but the Bluetooth connects no problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Do you have it connectedd via USB cable and it still doesn't work?
Yes and have Rock Scout and Sygic Car Navigation, all worked with the S8
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Fergusdog1,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, yes the Mate 20 series support MirrorLink, rest assured.

Have you inquired with your car manufacturer if your vehicle supports MirrorLink?

Please let us know of the reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Max

Thanks for the reply. Yes the car supports Mirrorlink. As I stated it was fully working with my previous phone, a Samsung S8. I have compatible apps loaded which worked well with the old phone.

mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Fergusdog1,

Thank you for your reply!

Mirrorlink is a Huawei only specific feature which allows you to connect your device to your car in a unique manner, that is why it is best to inquire with the car manufacturer in regards to this.

Your previous device, Samsung S8 connected in a different manner from you new device which is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro, that is why you would have to contact your car manufacturer to ask if it supports your newest device- Mate 20 Pro.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Mirrorlink is not Huawei specific.....numerous manufactures have it on devices, I’ve just check the Mirrorlink list of compatible phones. It’s not a complete list but the only Huawei phones listed as P10 and P10Plus which are older devices I believe. Looks like I’m stuck.

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Fergusdog1,

Sorry about that! What we meant is that your Mate 20 pro phone does not support driving modes that project your phone screen such as MirrorLink and CarLife. Instead it does support wireless mirroring through Miracast.

Your phone supports interactive voice recognition (IVR) modes built on AI technology. When driving mode is enabled, you can use voice commands to navigate, play music, and answer/end calls in your car, completely hands free, this is a much safer alternative.

Additionally, please try using Android Auto as well.

Thank you for understaing.
Max
Thanks. Is Mircast an app that you to download or is it already on the phone? Also how do I enable driving mode.

Thanks

Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Fergusdog1,

Yes Miracast is an application that can be downloaded from the PLayStore.

Also, you can find driving mode in Settings > Tap on the Search bar and input Driving Mode.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Max

Thanks. I think I might give up on this. There’s loads of Miracast apps on the Play store but they seem to be for TV and no mention of being able to use with a car system.
also I tried what you said re Driving Mode and there are no results. Maybe it’s a UK thing

mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Fergusdog1,

I'm sorry to hear that.. I would recommend you to try also to go to all the steps with Android Auto as well and review it further with your car manufacturer.
Hope it helps! :)

Best,
Max
I too have a p20 pro and have just bought a 2019 plate Peugeot expert van and I can not get mirrolink or android auto to work I know it not the van as my son's Samsung s9 works and so does the iPhone 7.
So why doesn't my p20 pro????
If any has had a fix can you please let me know.
Many thanks
My car doesn't recognize Mate 20 Pro as a Mirrorlink device, not even as a USB media storage.
What's wrong with this phone? This is an expensive phone an it's useless if cannot use with my car. Cheaper phones can connect with Mirrorlink (my Xperia use to) whay this not?
At this link: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/how-to/newbie-guide/?resourceId=en-us00409533

Huawei refers to this problem, and they talk about a future update and a past update, but I'm not sure is they refer to a Car Update or a EMUI update! :-(

If MirrorLink doesn"t work after the phone has been updated to EMUI 9.0:
MirrorLink is currently being configured for a wide range of vehicles. It will be made available in a future update.
It is recommended that you use Bluetooth to connect your phone to your car. Meanwhile, please download the update that includes this feature, which was released in the fourth quarter of 2018.
Yep .....very poor from a so called top end phone. I wouldn’t have bought it had I have known
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

I am sorry about the confusion created so far in regards to this and the frustration caused.

The Mate 20 models do not support the Mirror Link feature, regardless of the model (Mate 20, Mate 20 Lite, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Mate 20 Porsche Design).

If your require further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Max
The Mate 20 models do not support the Mirror Link feature.

Hi Max - just ordered a Mate20X was hoping to use it with my Citroen C4 - are you planning on supporting 'MirrorLink' on the Mate series in the future?