Answered

No notification sounds on the phone when connected to bluetooth

• 22 November 2018
  • 3 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
I just got myself the Huawei Mate 20 pro.I use a Bluetooth headset when I'm at work. When this is connected to the phone, I will no longer receive audio alerts on my phone when I receive incoming SMS or email. These alerts will be present on the Bluetooth device. This means that I need to have the plugs inside the ear all day. The best option that I konw, is to turn off "Media" on the Bluetooth device, but then I can not use it for music when I want, without turning it back on.
Should have been possible to choose that the alarm should also be notified on the phone.
icon

Best answer by tkis 16 December 2018, 13:25

Hi

I have now found a solution (work around) on this issue. I think the problem is Android 9 Pie, and not the phone company, but maybe some phone companies fix the problem them self.
This is an app from Google Play called "Shouter". It is probably also other apps that will work, but this I have tested successfully.
This is an app that can read alerts to you (text to speech).
For me it is important that incoming SMS, and e-mail to selected accounts, notify me with a sound from the phone, even though I have Bluetooth headset enabled.
Install "Shouter" on your Android 9 Pie and choose which apps you want it to notify. Give the app all rights and enable it to boot automatically and run in the background.
What’s important is that under "Select audio output stream" select "Ringtone". This causes the notifications to come from both the phone and the headset.
Also go under "Device states" and deselect "Headphone Off". Then it will only alert you when you have connected your headset (I just tested with Bluetooth headset, not with wired).
Works perfectly for me, but I hope Google will fix the problem, because this probably uses some extra battery.
Since this app works, it means that someone can certainly create a small simple app for just this use. Where you can easily choose where the audio notification is playing. Hope someone does this unless Google itself can fix the problem.
View original

3 replies

Hi

I have now found a solution (work around) on this issue. I think the problem is Android 9 Pie, and not the phone company, but maybe some phone companies fix the problem them self.
This is an app from Google Play called "Shouter". It is probably also other apps that will work, but this I have tested successfully.
This is an app that can read alerts to you (text to speech).
For me it is important that incoming SMS, and e-mail to selected accounts, notify me with a sound from the phone, even though I have Bluetooth headset enabled.
Install "Shouter" on your Android 9 Pie and choose which apps you want it to notify. Give the app all rights and enable it to boot automatically and run in the background.
What’s important is that under "Select audio output stream" select "Ringtone". This causes the notifications to come from both the phone and the headset.
Also go under "Device states" and deselect "Headphone Off". Then it will only alert you when you have connected your headset (I just tested with Bluetooth headset, not with wired).
Works perfectly for me, but I hope Google will fix the problem, because this probably uses some extra battery.
Since this app works, it means that someone can certainly create a small simple app for just this use. Where you can easily choose where the audio notification is playing. Hope someone does this unless Google itself can fix the problem.
This was the main reason for me to switch from iPhone to Android I use Bluetooth all the time and need sound on both the Bluetooth and phone always
I just got the device 2 days ago and I really loved it
I hope I will not obliged to return for this defect
One more thing is there a way to make incoming call notification to be just a banner instead of full screen this one more important point for me as I work through the phone and I don't want any incoming calls to inerupt what I'm doing
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi tikis,

Glad to hear that you are using our products. As I understand from your post, there is nothing wrong with the device.
The actual Bluetooth headset should help you get all the alerts/sounds directly to you so it is normal not to have it on the phone as well.
It would be a fascinating feature that perhaps our dev. team might include in a future update and as such I will forward your feedback to them.

Best wishes,
Max