Question

No sound on Mate 20 Pro

• 2 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I am having problems with the sound when watching anything on my Huawei mate pro I can hear the sound when I go to the settings but not when I am watching anything

4 replies

Can you please help me as I can't hear anything when I'm watching something on my Huawei mate pro I can hear the sound from the settings but not when I watch something like Facebook or you tube if I go to the settings and go to sounds then I can hear my ringtone
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Wardy1444,

I am glad to hear that you are using one of our devices! I hope you find it useful and it meets your expectations!

Regarding your inquiry, can you please check the sound settings for Media? Go to Settings > Sound and make sure that the Media volume is turned on.

If that will not be the case, please contact us again.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 5
Badge
My device too has started to do this only the ear peice has sounds coming out. I need to restart the device to get the main speaker working...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Crawshaw09,

Can you please check the same settings as advised below? The sound might not be playing in handset mode, this is why it is not letting you.

Nevertheless, please also try performing a wipe cache partition. It will clean up your phone so it should be working as intended.

To do that, please turn off the device, then press and hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time until the device powers on.

You will get a new menu with three options; from those, please choose Wipe Cache Partition.

I trust this information will help on your inquiry. Nevertheless, if you have any other questions or issues, please let me know! :)

Best wishes,
Max