Question

Overnight Massive Battery Drain

• 17 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Well, this is yet another issue I have with my NEW Mate 20 Pro.
Put down the phone last night at 11:23 (I know because its the time of my last message to the mrs!), and it was on 100%, took it off charge and picked it up this morning......27% battery left!!!!
Now that's a SERIOUS amount to lose overnight considering it was doing nothing!
I am now getting very disappointed in this so called 'flagship' phone, as this is the 3rd major issue I've reported in as many days
I do hope somebody can help as I am ready fro chucking the phone out the window I'm getting that frustrated with it.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Usually your phone would warn you that something was consuming a lot of power in the background etc and give you the option to fix it. I've got a feeling that this issue could even be related to the screen issues you've been having and unfortunately you simply have a faulty device which you may have to get replaced under warranty.
However in the mean time you could try going into the settings and check what has used all the power. Settings, battery, battery usage. Then check what's using the most power in both software and hardware.

Regards Jase
Sorry to hear that ,maybe you can show the screenshot of power consumption details to everyone for help.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Sorry to hear that ,maybe you can show the screenshot of power consumption details to everyone for help.
I have the same apps installed as my previous P10 Pro as I used the Huawei transfer app to copy my old phone to this new one, and on that phone I never had an issue with battery drain.
I'm going to do the same charge to 100% & disconnect again tonight and check the power usage figures in the morning to see IF it is a hardware/software issue causing it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @smeeghead,

Thank you for letting us know about the situation you've been experiencing with the battery of your device overnight.

Do you have a lot of apps running in the background by any chance? Those could consume the power consumption as @Jase advised.
Also, would you happen to leave on both mobile network and WiFi or WiFI and Bluetooth? Those also consume the battery at a fast pace.

Regardless, please keep us updated on the situation and further provide us with screenshots of the power of consumption so we can have a look!

Looking forward to your reply!
Max
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @smeeghead,

Thank you for letting us know about the situation you've been experiencing with the battery of your device overnight.

Do you have a lot of apps running in the background by any chance? Those could consume the power consumption as @Jase advised.
Also, would you happen to leave on both mobile network and WiFi or WiFI and Bluetooth? Those also consume the battery at a fast pace.

Regardless, please keep us updated on the situation and further provide us with screenshots of the power of consumption so we can have a look!

Max

Hi @Max

Thanks for the reply.

Not totally sure if it's coincidence or not, or just a buggy app, BUT I force stopped an app that runs in the background and it seems to have helped, although I'm not 100% convinced it's the only one.

I'm going to keep a beady eye on the rest for the next week and see if there are any more that pop to the top of the power usage list!

Smeeghead
Userlevel 3

Hi @smeeghead,

Max
Hi @Max

Thanks for the reply.

Not totally sure if it's coincidence or not, or just a buggy app, BUT I force stopped an app that runs in the background and it seems to have helped, although I'm not 100% convinced it's the only one.

I'm going to keep a beady eye on the rest for the next week and see if there are any more that pop to the top of the power usage list!

Smeeghead

Hi I also had battery drain issues last night, not as huge as you but significant enough that I knew something was up. I've since changed some settings and battery settings for the last app I installed which I suspected could be the cause although it didn't show any apps as being the culprit in my battery usage, but I did reboot twice once I'd fiddled with the settings. Since doing so instead of literally watching my battery % drop while I was using the phone it now seems to be ok again. Basically saying make sure you reboot once you've fiddled with the settings as I've found that seems to help sort issues out. Good luck.
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @smeeghead,

Max
Hi @Max

Thanks for the reply.

Smeeghead
Hi I also had battery drain issues last night, not as huge as you but significant enough that I knew something was up. I've since changed some settings and battery settings for the last app I installed which I suspected could be the cause although it didn't show any apps as being the culprit in my battery usage, but I did reboot twice once I'd fiddled with the settings. Since doing so instead of literally watching my battery % drop while I was using the phone it now seems to be ok again. Basically saying make sure you reboot once you've fiddled with the settings as I've found that seems to help sort issues out. Good luck.
Hi @gillysixpence

Yeah I've always rebooted AND cache cleared when doing anything like this

Smeeghead