Question

Overview Shows All Apps As Blank • Mate 20 Pro

When going to overview (pressing the square icon) all my open apps are displayed as completely blank; most white, but some grey.
Nothing functional is affected, that is to say, if I tap on one of these open apps, it is still where I left off - it is just the preview that is non-present.
FYI: I use the 'Gestures' instead of 'Three Key' navigation for glorious full screen UI, but the problem began before that.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Often goes blank, no multi task windows,

below is the multi task window vertical scroll when using multi window.

My recent apps sometimes go blank & I often have nothing but the wallpaper & bin icon. It goes blank not white out.

The next major issue is that the apps should scroll vertical instead of horizontal, vertical flow is more natural as when trying multi window app scrolling it out or all the way to the top, the apps scroll vertically
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello, sounds like a software conflict, are you using a 3rd party launcher?
Hello, sounds like a software conflict, are you using a 3rd party launcher?
I am not using and have not ever installed a 3rd party launcher on this device.
I have recently discovered that a restart temporarily resolves the problem, however I noticed it returned in the evening.
Things that I am aware had happened:
• I left the phone unchecked for a long period of time
• The battery level dropped to 30% (at a normal rate, from roughly 70%)
• Night light and do not disturb were automatically activated.
I have discovered that it can be incurred by scrolling content in an app as it's transitioning from full screen to overview. It then happens to every app after I open them in overview.
I'm no expert, but I'm guessing the phone is struggling to take a preview of the app for the overview if it's changing during the process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Iammyselfisme,

I wish to ask in regards to this, have you tried to perform a wipe cache partition?

Wipe cache partition from the Recovery menu by following the steps below:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Best wishes,
Max
I have the same problem too. Fix please Huawei.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I have the same problem too! Its rather annoying. A reboot fixes it until it eventually happens again. Default launcher. Latest OS update.

I wish to ask in regards to this, have you tried to perform a wipe cache partition?

Max,

Since your recommendation, I have attempted this three times, but unfortunately this worked only as long as a standard reboot normally does, with the problem appearing again later.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Still looking for a solution!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Fingers cross but I think the latest update I got a few days ago, fixed the blank overview glitch. May Security update. I better not jinx myself now for writing this 😜