Answered

Problem with notifications for protected applications in EMUI 9.1

• 16 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I using mate 20 pro and mate 20x. After upgrading to EMUI 9.1 - I having now one unexpected problem.
All notifications from protected applications (by fingerprint/pin) not displaying full content of received messages.

Just for example: viber & whatapp in list of password protected applications (done in EMUI 9.1 Settings->Security->Blocked Apps). I am using face unlock (on mate 20x), so most important applications protected by additional password/fingerprint.
However, before EMUI 9.1 - it worked perfectly. But after updating to EMUI 9.1 - it stop displaying full message content for any messenger (or for app, which in password protected app list in settings->security->blocked apps).

Why it changes? May be it good idea to keep predictible behavior of such notification in new EMUI 9.1?

Right now it makes using of Mate 20x very problematic and I starting to looking ways or to
a. fix this problem.
b. downgrade to emui 9.0.

If anybody can send such suggestions to huawei firmware team - please do it. Also, if somebody know some hacks - please share this info.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Plymalan 15 August 2019, 11:53

Remove the apps from protected list.
You have face recognition and fingerprint login.
Why is the extra login required?
If it is because others use your phone then set up an additional user so they can access the apps that they need
View original

4 replies

Im having the same issue on my mate 10 pro.. i looked up for a solution but it seems a new update security, if any one know a fix for the problem please tell me its very annoying
Hello i ve just upgraded my mate 20 lite to emui 9.1 and i have the same problem... Does any1 have any solution?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
If it is because others use your phone then set up an additional user so they can access the apps that they need
If it is because others use your phone then set up an additional user so they can access the apps that they need.

Worked for me. Thanks