Answered

Problems with typing on the keypad

• 14 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I always have a problem with Huawei keypad, I struggle typing every single word, I keep pressing on other keys instead of the ones I'm after even most of the time I'm pretty sure that I have pressed on the right one but still types out the wrong letter, I have never had that issue with IPhone, only have it with Samsung and Huawei phones. I like Huawei but hate it's keypad. What should I do now? Is there any suggestion?
This an example of what's going on:
Dvery = every. Godtunately= Fortunately
icon

Best answer by Plymalan 14 August 2019, 15:38

There are many options.
The SwiftKey and GBoard keyboards are usually installed by default and allow for swipe typing.
The SwiftKey keyboard has settings to change sizes of keys and borders.

There are also many other keyboards you can use from the Play Store.
View original

4 replies

You're not the only one. I know of two people who have the same problem (as well as me) to the point that one of them switched back to Samsung.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much written about it online. Maybe a small number are affected. At times it is so frustrating with the letters being automatically selected and at speed that it's unusable - I have to restart my phone.

No idea what the solution is other than to install another keyboard (which I've already done). If this was on a computer, you'd be forgiven to believe that it's a virus.

Who knows...
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
There are many options.
The SwiftKey and GBoard keyboards are usually installed by default and allow for swipe typing.
The SwiftKey keyboard has settings to change sizes of keys and borders.

There are also many other keyboards you can use from the Play Store.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello @VerminWatch , welcome to our community!

I am sorry that you are experiencing these kind of issues!

Please provide me your serial and build number in private message so I can have a deeper search on this issue!

Looking forward to your message!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I have tried everything but still the same problem they are all the same. I think the problem is with the screen itself