Question

Proximity sensor bug

• 31 January 2019
  • 7 replies

I have the international version of mate20x and after receiving the final update 172, the proximity sensor does not work more correctly. When I receive a call, when I answer it, the screen turns black as if I had put the phone to my ear. If I unlock the phone, it asks me not to obstruct. Testing with an application, it shows that the sensor is locked. Just by running your finger over the sensor several times, it works again. But if you put it in your pocket for a moment, it comes back to lock. Version 184 came out today and the problem continues. Any idea?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Plinio,

Happy to hear you have received the latest update on your device!

In regards to your inquiry, have you performed a factory reset of your device after the update has went through? It is recommended to do so after every major update.
You can find the steps on how to do this here .

Please let us know if this helped!😀

Best wishes,
Max
Yes, twice. One with version 172 another with this version 184. The problem continues. The sensor works fine until I put the cell phone down or put it in my pocket for a few minutes. Then the sensor is locked until I run my finger a few times over it. As soon as I received update 172 the sensor stopped. Very frustrating. I can not answer calls because it darkens the screen as if I had put it in my ear. Please help me. In the xda forum there are also people with the same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Plinio,

In that case, can you please PM me the serial number of your device to look into this matter further?

You can find this info on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
I have same issue with this guy. Mate 20 Pro. The proximity sensor works backward. when my hand cover the sensor, its will show 5cm, when my hand didnt cover it its show 0cm. its soo annoying that i had to restart my phone to make it work for a while. after that it will become like that again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @hazuanhasan,

Would you be able to PM with the Serial Number of your device in private? I will be able to check about this and advise you further about this.

Looking forward to your message.

Best regards,
Max
Hi I am Arif from Bangladesh.I have a Huawei mate 20 pro (LYA-L29). Recently I've replaced my motherboard and after that I faced a new problem of my mobile.Sometimes the screen turns black immediately when I get the phone call. That is, the sensor is locked. Passing the finger over the sensor a few times, it unlocks and goes back to work. i have performed a factory reset also and check sensor through Hi-care. But sensor working well after restarting the device. After a while problem coming back again. Its really matter of annoying. plz help me.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@cheersmohi - sorry you're having issues. It might be best to call the support team, you can contact them here:

• Hotline: 08 000 777 777 (Toll Free) 096 10 777 777
  • Support Language: Bengali / English
  • Support Time: Monday-Sunday, 9:00am to 6:00pm (Everyday) including public holidays