Quick Calling on Mate 20

• 16 December 2018
  • 5 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
Hi,. Got my mate 20 2 weeks ago. At the beginning quick call was working but now if I press the volume down button while screen is off nothing happens. Hi voice has got his all permissions etc. Any idea?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Zahid,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:

First, make sure quick calling is enabled: Settings > in the shortcut bar type "Quick calling"

Secondly, make sure you are pressing the very tip of the lower power button, as if you may accidentally press the middle, in between the buttons, it will not prompt the quick calling.

Third, kindly perform a wipe cache partition from the recovery menu of your device. This can be done by shutting down your device, press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time until you get into the recovery menu. From there, select "wipe cache partition" (navigate using the volume keys and power button to select). Rest assured, a wipe cache partition will not delete the data on your phone.
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀
Max
I've activated quick call, but whenever I try using it it says it can't recognizer what I'm saying. I've used my boyfriend's name, nickname, relationship, I even tried using a more English name to see if that worked, but it didn't.
Does anyone know how to fix it or what the problem is?

I have a Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Oakenshield, Welcome on the community!

Sorry to see that you are having issues with quick calling. I moved your question to this thread. Please read @Max's comment above and let us know if you have any further questions.
The two first things I've done, but the last thing doesn't work. I've tried three times now. I click the volume up and power button, but the phone just turns on, nothing else. 😕
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
The two first things I've done, but the last thing doesn't work. I've tried three times now. I click the volume up and power button, but the phone just turns on, nothing else. :/

Hey @Oakenshield Are you holding both buttons down until the recovery menu appears (it takes a while)? If you release too early it will just power on as you describe.