Question

Restoring "high volume" headphone warning

I had headphones plugged into my Mate 20 Pro and when I turned the volume up past a certain point I got the warning about the risks of listening to a high volume through headphones. After tapping Cancel on this, the warning has never come back after turning the volume down and back up. I plugged and unplugged the headphones and it has been rebooted. Is there any setting to restore the warning message?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Steven,

Thank you for bringing this up! Glad to hear you are using on of our devices! I hope you find it useful and it fulfills your needs!

Regarding your inquiry, I would advise you to perform a wipe cache partition. In that way, the phone will be cleaned up and some original settings will be restored.

To do that, please power off the device, then press and hold the Volume Up and the Power key at the same time until the phone powers on; it will then boot up a different menu with three options. From those, please select Wipe Cache Partition.

I trust this information will help you with the inquiry. Nevertheless, if you have any other questions or issues, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Max
Max wrote:

Hi Steven,

Thank you for bringing this up! Glad to hear you are using on of our devices! I hope you find it useful and it fulfills your needs!

Regarding your inquiry, I would advise you to perform a wipe cache partition. In that way, the phone will be cleaned up and some original settings will be restored.

To do that, please power off the device, then press and hold the Volume Up and the Power key at the same time until the phone powers on; it will then boot up a different menu with three options. From those, please select Wipe Cache Partition.

I trust this information will help you with the inquiry. Nevertheless, if you have any other questions or issues, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Max

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried wiping the cache partition, but it doesn't seems to make any difference. It still allows me to turn the volume up high with headphones plugged in without the warning being displayed.

I've seen others report this on other phones and they have been told that a full factory reset is the only thing that will restore the high volume warning, but it seems excessive to need to do that for something so small.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @StevenR,

Very odd as a simple restart of the device should prompt the high volume headphone warning again.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings