Answered

Screen cast on Mate 20 Pro

Mate 20 pro great phone but no screen mirror options ? On my s7 edge Samsung I could mirror/cast from a browser page via cast symbol/button but none on the Huawei or am I missing something ?
icon

Best answer by chillphone 16 December 2018, 13:22

If you have chromecast you can cast from the device and if you have a wifi enabled screen you can use the Huawei wireless projection.

With the HUAWEI Mate 10 Series, Huawei brought Easy Projection to consumers, enabling them to conveniently connect their devices with an external display for increase productivity. For EMUI 9.0, Huawei evolved the feature with a wireless upgrade. Users running EMUI 9.0 now have access to One-Click Projection, and Highlight and Capture on Big Screen, which let users to easily add highlights to and capture content projected on larger screens such as a TV.

In addition to Wireless Easy Projection, EMUI 9.0 supports a wide breadth of productivity features, including:

HUAWEI Share: In addition to transferring files between Huawei mobile and Huawei PC, users can now use HUAWEI Share to send files to a Bluetooth-enabled printer4;
Backup: EMUI 9.0 supports new ways for users to backup their important files. Besides HUAWEI Cloud, users may now store their backup on a SD Card, USB drive or a NAS (Network Attached Storage)5;
WPS with HiAI: The WPS productivity suite leverages HiAI capabilities to enhance its features. EMUI 9.0 automatically adjusts the alignment of documents, and can convert images and hardcopies into editable digital copies.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
If you have chromecast you can cast from the device and if you have a wifi enabled screen you can use the Huawei wireless projection.

With the HUAWEI Mate 10 Series, Huawei brought Easy Projection to consumers, enabling them to conveniently connect their devices with an external display for increase productivity. For EMUI 9.0, Huawei evolved the feature with a wireless upgrade. Users running EMUI 9.0 now have access to One-Click Projection, and Highlight and Capture on Big Screen, which let users to easily add highlights to and capture content projected on larger screens such as a TV.

In addition to Wireless Easy Projection, EMUI 9.0 supports a wide breadth of productivity features, including:

HUAWEI Share: In addition to transferring files between Huawei mobile and Huawei PC, users can now use HUAWEI Share to send files to a Bluetooth-enabled printer4;
Backup: EMUI 9.0 supports new ways for users to backup their important files. Besides HUAWEI Cloud, users may now store their backup on a SD Card, USB drive or a NAS (Network Attached Storage)5;
WPS with HiAI: The WPS productivity suite leverages HiAI capabilities to enhance its features. EMUI 9.0 automatically adjusts the alignment of documents, and can convert images and hardcopies into editable digital copies.
Is it going to be pausible to cast easy projection to the chromecast? I'm using mate 20 pro / emui 9.0
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
The wireless projection doesn't work with Chromecast unfortunately. When watching a video through the chrome browser the cast button should be there though, unless the specific site has disabled Chromecast abilities.

Regards Jase
martinvolken81 wrote:

Is it going to be pausible to cast easy projection to the chromecast? I'm using mate 20 pro / emui 9.0

I'm looking for the same thing. Please tell me if you get to work that.
Userlevel 1
Mate 20 Pro is very bad with chromecast! Photos are bad to cast (pixelated and blurry on a 4k TV), no mirroring with chromecast. I have the Chromecast Ultra and I am very disappointed with the Mate. My daughter with a P Smart and Android 8.0 cast good Photos.
rampoo wrote:

Mate 20 Pro is very bad with chromecast! Photos are bad to cast (pixelated and blurry on a 4k TV), no mirroring with chromecast. I have the Chromecast Ultra and I am very disappointed with the Mate. My daughter with a P Smart and Android 8.0 cast good Photos.

I have the same issue. This is very frustrating.
3rd party casting apps like local cast may help for photos and videos, I cannot test as my green screen Huawei it's away at Sbe for replacement
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Ahus98 wrote:

3rd party casting apps like local cast may help for photos and videos, I cannot test as my green screen Huawei it's away at Sbe for replacement

Yes I've had some success with third party ,Allcast in my case. As I've mentioned in another similar thread though if you've got a Samsung Tv the Samsung smartview app seems to work best. In both cases just remember you can only cast files that your TV actually supports.

Regards Jase

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings