Share your questions! - Mate 20 Pro Q&A session with a product trainer Alex

• 25 October 2018
  • 37 replies
Share your questions! - Mate 20 Pro Q&A session with a product trainer Alex

Show first post

37 replies

Hello i have seen during presentation that in addition to the 3d scan function (that i have already read that is not available now but will be implemented in the future) there is also a function that is able to calculate calories for food just using camera. Is it already available or also this funcion will be implemented in the future?

Thanks a lot

Ps : great device this Mate 20 Pro
Hi There. I have the Mate 20 Pro and I love it! Only issue is that i'm getting a strange green tinge on the right hand side of the screen. I notice it most when I'm reading at night or netflixing. Is this a s/w bug or something with hardware?
Userlevel 2
Does the Mate 20 Pro have the 'hand wave' gesture from Huawei P Smart? Can this come in a future update?
Hi

I bought the mate 20 pro and I really like it!!
I`m fan of the desktopmode, however I use a Azerty keyboard and now is my question how I can change Qwerty in azerty?

Thanks for your reply!

Jo
Im in the uk and I got my mate 20 pro from ee it has a sim on one side and nim on the other side and they gave me another sim to go with the one I already had.
Userlevel 3
Badge
What is the format of the sd card and what will the memory size be for this new format? Can I save photos and videos to the sd card without seeing any impact on performance?

I'm thinking of using the new video modes and I see me using lots of disk space with my clips so would love to save directly to the new sd card format.

Hi chillphone, the Mate 20 Pro supports Huawei Nano Memory and can achieve speeds of 90MB/s. I have seen 128GB on Amazon.co.uk for around Ā£60.
Userlevel 3
Badge
is the body metal/glass or plastic please?

Hi Jocujuao, Mate 20 Pro has a toughened glass back.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I love my Mate 20 Pro and am eagerly awaiting the update which brings in the 3D live scanning using the front-facing camera, when can we expect that? Also can you give us a quick run through of what we can expect to do with this mode?

Hi Tony, the app has now been released and it's called "3D Live maker". You can download it from Huawei App gallery or Google Play Store. With this the user can scan an object like a teddy bear by placing the subject on a table, holding the phone still and rotating the teddy. Once scanned it can be animated to make it walk and dance etc.
Userlevel 3
Badge
From the launch I understand there is a bokeh video effect setting but this isn't showing on the device has this been delayed or does it need to be activated within a certain setting?

Hi Aaron. To enable bokeh effect while on video mode, tap the magic wand icon on the left and select Background blur.

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello i have seen during presentation that in addition to the 3d scan function (that i have already read that is not available now but will be implemented in the future) there is also a function that is able to calculate calories for food just using camera. Is it already available or also this funcion will be implemented in the future?

Thanks a lot

Ps : great device this Mate 20 Pro

Thanks Ady72, yes Huawei HiVision is available on Mate 20 Pro. In camera (photo) tap the HiVision icon (picture below)

Then when in "identify" mode it will provide information about calorie content. Like in this chocolate lava cake example:

I love VR but I don't want to spend money on oculus go if I have a perfectly capable smarthpone already.
Any VR headsets which could accomodate the mate 20 pro?
Userlevel 3
Badge
I may be going back to basics here, but I actually use Google Cardboard and slot my phone in! Mate 20 Pro should just squeeze in OK. It's also a really low cost alternative that is still immersive. Not recommended for prolonged use though, because it's handheld rather than worn.