Answered

Smashed Back Case Mate 20 Pro

• 19 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Absolutely gutted that I have smashed the back case of my Mate 20 Pro. Fortunately the camera glass is intact as is the front screen. So functionally everything is OK.

However the back is severely smashed, cracked and missing a tiny piece of glass which is exposing some of the electronics inside.

I have a case on to help add some protection for now.

Anyway, I to the point I'm struggling to find anyone that can repair it.

Does anyone know if Huawei can help direct or the best route forward to get it fixed?

Many thanks,
John
icon

Best answer by Jmoon 20 February 2019, 00:46

Hey @Clarky

Bad luck. You must be devastated :(

You should be able to get this fixed through a Huawei authorised service centre, although it won't be covered by the warranty unfortunately. You can find details through the HiCare app or by calling the customer service hotline on 08000 886 700.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Syoosuf, Welcome on the Huawei Community! :)

I moved your question to this tread, @Clarky had a similar problem with his device.
My p20 pro twilight back case has cracked.. the lens are safe but the back is smashed... How much will it cost to fix it with a replacement back case
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Clarky,

Pfff I feel your pain! 😞

Glad to see that Jmoon already gave you some direction. I also want to share this thread with you. In that thread @Max from support shared some more information about broken screens and the warranty.

Good luck! 🤞🏼
Hi,

I gave them a call yesterday! They gave me another UK number to call 9-5.

However I've found someone local who has sourced an OEM back glass and is looking to replcae it for me.

Fingers crossed!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey @Clarky

Bad luck. You must be devastated :(

You should be able to get this fixed through a Huawei authorised service centre, although it won't be covered by the warranty unfortunately. You can find details through the HiCare app or by calling the customer service hotline on 08000 886 700.