Question

Snapchat issues

• 27 November 2018
  • 24 replies

My front camera on snapchat is permanently zoomed it, but it isn't on the camera app. I've changed the ratio to see if that would help but it hasn't. Any suggestions everytime I open Snapchat I get a close up of my nose haha help!

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Katy406,

Welcome on the community! :)

Is your camera only zoomed in while using Snapchat? In that case, please try to re-install Snapchat and check if there is a Snapchat-update. If you keep having problems with Snapchat check out their F.A.Q. page.

Please let me know if this was helpful!
Tried those things I've just sent a comment to snapchat due to know other ideas. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Please let us know if they manage to solve your issue Katy406! 🙂
I bought my brand new Huawei P20 in August, and I can tell you the Snapchat quality was brill, which is great for an android phone. But the last few weeks I've noticed that the quality has changed and become worse. The quality looks fine until I actually click and snap the photo, where it completely changes the quality and softens the photo. I did think that maybe it's just how it goes with Android after a few months. But when my boyfriend, who has had the P10 for a year, sends me Snapchat his quality looks great. To the same standard that mine was when I first bought it. I've checked in my settings and I'm not due any updates. What could this be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi EmiliaD,

Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the snapchat app.
Have you tried a cache wipe to remove any lingering settings that might be interfering with it?
To wipe the cache of the device , you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The first option from the top is the one that we are looking for in this list. Once the process has ended the device will come back to this menu. In order to leave the menu simply tap Reboot System Now ( the last option on the bottom of the list ).

Please try this and let us know how it goes afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max
Sorry for my english. When i make a video with snap chat and i want to see it before send to m'y friend the video stop after 2-3 second. I went on your forum and many others users have the same problème. Can you help me please ???
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @ElioCinelli, Welcome on the community! 🙂

I moved your question to this thread about Snapchat issues. Please try the tips in this thread and let us know if it solved your issues.
When using third party apps (Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp) to take pictures my camera is always zoomed in. When using the normal camera app there is no problem. The camera is always zoomed in and can not be zoomed out. I tried re-installing Snapchat, updating my phone and I even rebooted the whole phone which was pretty awful. The problem is occurring on my Mate 20 pro that I bought last week.
More people facing this problem and is there any way to fix it?
Userlevel 4
Badge
This one was taken with the normal camera.

This one was taken with Snapchat.

It is indeed zoomed in. Very annoying. No idea if it's a Huawei or Snapchat problem.

Has anyone else noticed this on any other devices?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Snapchat does not have full access to the camera so all its actually doing is taking a screen shot, as far as I'm aware the only phone that gives Snapchat full access is the pixel phones. This may have changed recently, I'm not totally up to date with it but it certainly was the case. The only other option is to take a picture with normal camera and just add it to Snapchat. ( Just guessing but I think the other apps have exactly the same issue)

Regards Jase.
Today I called with the customer service department of Huawei. I explained my complaint but after talking to her colleagues the lady on the phone said it is normal for the Mate 20 pro to take snapchat like this. No solution but apparently it is not a bug or error according to Huawei. I hope Huawei en Snapchat could fix it with some software updates.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
https://amp.businessinsider.com/why-snapchat-photos-taken-android-look-terrible-bad-iphone-app-developers-2017-11
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Basically Snapchat and the others apps would have to develop an app specifically for each phone to take advantage of there cameras, there's no way they're ever going to do that unfortunately.

Regards Jase
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Siep1998 @Lifelust @Jase, I moved the thread about the Snapchat Issues to this thread.
I'v brought mate 20 lite a week ago firstly i can't see the video afer i 'v taken on snapchat it stoped after 2 or 3 sec also ican' t play the music and use video on snapchant the voice going to be so annoying and noising
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Sorry to see that you are having Snapchat issues! Please try the tips from Max's post and let us know the outcome.

Have you tried a cache wipe to remove any lingering settings that might be interfering with it?
To wipe the cache of the device , you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The first option from the top is the one that we are looking for in this list. Once the process has ended the device will come back to this menu. In order to leave the menu simply tap Reboot System Now ( the last option on the bottom of the list ).
Thanks for replying i'v done what you said but nothing changed the video of Snapchat still stopped
What I can do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Alaa,

Sorry to hear you are still facing the same situation!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Check if the application has any new updates.
2.Reinstall the Snapchat application.
3.Clear the application settings. This can be done from Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart device.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Hi I have same problem When i make a video with snap chat and i want to see it before send to m'y friend the video stop after 2-3 second.
I tired all what you said above and it's still not fixed. I tried:
Device restart
Application update
Snapchat update
Mobile update
Clear data
Clear cashe
Clear csshe hard
Restore factory settings
All not fixing the problem.. Plzzzz help I'm a fashion blogger so it's a deal breacker for me!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Hussamtareq,

Very sorry to hear about the situation that is happening to your device!

Would it be possible to PM me in private with the Serial Number of your device to check in regards to this?

Thank you, and I am looking forward to your private PM!

Best regards,
Max
I got a Huawei mate 20 pro and I've noticed that some of snapchat features are not in the app just like my iPhone.
Why is this happening?? The developers of the app only wanna support Apple?(I'm not sending hate towards appIe). I have send emails to snapchat regarding this issue but I've been ignored so I just wanna know should i expect an upcoming update that includes all of the features or this is just how it is?
I have just bought a P30 and am enjoying it but on other peoples phones snapchats I'm sending have black borders down the sides from the different camera ratio. This is quite annoying and I was wondering if there is a way to change it so the ratio is normal and there's no borders. Thanks for any help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@georgialons,

I've moved your post to this thread about snapchat issues where other community members might be able to help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi everyone

Snapchat have just announced the rollout of their major new android build, which hopefully will deal with a number of issues on a range of android devices. You can read more about it here.