Answered

Speaker problem Mate 20 pro - Main speaker vs earpiece speaker

Ok so i have a speaker problem with my mate 20 pro. The problem consist in shifting the audio from the main speaker to the earpiece. When in landscape mode on youtube the main speaker decides to lower the volume output and so you hear the earpiece speaker more pronounce. If i close the app without changing the phones position and relaunch the app the speaker works normally. This happens sometimes even when held normally, the main speaker decides to lower the volume and you hear a slight hiss sound from the speaker if you bring it to you're ear. Any thoughts? Software or Hardware?
icon

Best answer by bobo 17 January 2019, 13:08

Hi, kevdeiu, according to your description, it seems that you have turned on the stealth stereo, you can go into "Settings - sound - more sound Settings - stealth stereo", you can try to turn off the function to see if it is effective.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hey Kevdeiu,

Welcome on the community! Thank you for sharing your issue!

Have you tried to reset your phone? A simple reset can solve a lot of issues. You can find a how to on this page.

Please keep us updated. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, kevdeiu, according to your description, it seems that you have turned on the stealth stereo, you can go into "Settings - sound - more sound Settings - stealth stereo", you can try to turn off the function to see if it is effective.
Hi, bobo, i can't find "stealth stereo" that you mention but i will try and look for it if not i hope that with a software update the problem will be fixed. Thanks !!
Userlevel 2
Badge
kevdeiu wrote:

Hi, bobo, i can't find "stealth stereo" that you mention but i will try and look for it if not i hope that with a software update the problem will be fixed. Thanks !!

You can search "Stereo+" from the top of "Settings."
So update to the " problem " i could not find the " stereo+ " from the top of settings with search or anything else but what i discovered is that when you raise the volume more then 50% the main speaker starts to get louder as it should to the point where is normal for it. And if i reduce the volume back the shifting does not occur . But if it does that is what i do to fix it. By the way at 70-100% volume the problem does not occur. Thank you anyway for the help bobo!!
As the charger port speaker is stronger its difficult to be sure but when I tried this myself on my phone I was unable to say for sure however turning the phone does appear to shift the sound, as the speaker is also changing location it sounds different.

To test I covered each speaker to listen to the other when rotated to landscape, I'm unsure I could detect a significant change.

As for those settings mentioned, it's not to be seen on my mate device also.

Seems there are a few bugs to fix!

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings