Answered

Speaker problem Mate 20 pro - Main speaker vs earpiece speaker

Ok so i have a speaker problem with my mate 20 pro. The problem consist in shifting the audio from the main speaker to the earpiece. When in landscape mode on youtube the main speaker decides to lower the volume output and so you hear the earpiece speaker more pronounce. If i close the app without changing the phones position and relaunch the app the speaker works normally. This happens sometimes even when held normally, the main speaker decides to lower the volume and you hear a slight hiss sound from the speaker if you bring it to you're ear. Any thoughts? Software or Hardware?
icon

Best answer by bobo 17 January 2019, 13:08

Hi, kevdeiu, according to your description, it seems that you have turned on the stealth stereo, you can go into "Settings - sound - more sound Settings - stealth stereo", you can try to turn off the function to see if it is effective.

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Mini_Sammich ,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. For Canada it may help to call the support team there:

• Hotline: 1-888-5HUAWEI(1-888-548-2934)
  • Support Language: English and French
  • Support Time: Mon-Sun 7am-9pm
  • Remarks: Hotline physically locates in US
Hope this helps.
I'm having the same issues but I can't find stereo+ in settings and I don't have HiCare as it is not supported in my region (Canada) what should I do?
Hi all,

Have you tried @bobo's suggestion?

If it is still not working, can you please PM me the serial number of your phones so I can look into this further?

You can find this information either on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your replies! :)

Best wishes,
Max

With the speakers i have same issues and i exchanged 2 phones same model till now since february
Hello I have problem and I hope I get solution ,Whenever I plug the original earphone for Huawei mate 20 pro I start listening and when I stop listening for a while it stop working like it's unplugged and thank you.

e
It's software problem. Download a volume booster, plenty available from play store. Works for me. Although in landscape the balance is not correct. Pretty basic important thing that is not working ie stereo
I am having the exact same issue with a normal Mate 20 (non-pro version).
When watching youtube on low volume, it starts out fine with both speakers working together on similar volume as they should. After about 30 seconds the main speaker lowers its volume considerably and most of the audio comes from the earpiece speaker, resulting in very low volume, weak and unbalanced sound.

It can be "fixed" by turning the volume up. At around 70 % volume the main speaker will come back to normal and with some luck (does not always work) might even stay at normal operation when turning volume down again afterwards. Also the problem generally won't occur at all when listening at high volume. At low volume it is also seems to depend on the content. Talking with high dynamic range / silent passages seems to be affected more than music that keeps the output at a consistent level the whole time.

I did turn off Stereo+ and tried various Dolby Settings (bummer that it can not be completely disabled). But it did not change anything. Problem does persist.

My phone is only two weeks old. I am worried if it might be a hardware-related failure or if it is software-related that it might not be fixed in the future. I am now considering if I should return it, as this is very annoying and I don't want to be stuck with this problem for long. 😟
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Could you kindly perform a Sound diagnose of your device and tell me the results that come up?

You can do this by going to HiCare > Smart diagnosis > Manual > Speaker and Earpiece.

After the diagnosis is done, you will see the results posted on your device screen.

Best regards,
Max
@Amy hello, I also do not have stereo+ option. I have mailed max my serial number...and await a solution, before I ultimately have to send this phone away for 2 weeks to be repaired.
I hope its quick. As I'm thinkngn of canceling the whole contract. I don't want problems in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @sidh, Thank you for the reply. I asked our support team to assist you on this matter.
Hi Amy,
It's not showing "Settings - sound - more sound Settings - stealth stereo", you can try to turn off the function to see if it is effective. when I check more sound setting "stealth stereo" is not showing in my device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @sidh, Welcome on the Huawei Community! :)

I moved your question to this topic. Please read the previous comments and let us know if you need further assistance.
some time main speaker not working only second speaker (Near of front camera) working and it's very quiet or soft and I have to restart again and again my device than after the main sound speaker is working. It's making me irritating. Mostly this issue I am facing when I use Huawei talk band 5 for Bluetooth headphone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Have you tried @bobo's suggestion?

If it is still not working, can you please PM me the serial number of your phones so I can look into this further?

You can find this information either on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your replies! :)

Best wishes,
Max
Same here also. Little volume on top earpiece speaker, even during calls. No aspect change either. Just very quiet all the time.

Phone is less than a month old. Not good Huawei.....
I have the exact same problem, @kevdeiu . Did you find any way to sort it out?
I took my phone to a Huawei store and their answer was to wait for a new update and see if that solves it, which at least the .187 didn´t.
It´s a shame that a phone of this quality has all this problems...
Did you find a fix. My speaker problem is slightly different. Top speaker is pretty much very very very low vs bottom speaker. I did same test as you and covered the bottom speaker and then I put volume on 100% and I can only just hear the sound from top speaker so it's pretty much useless when watching videos or listening to any music.
Userlevel 2
As the charger port speaker is stronger its difficult to be sure but when I tried this myself on my phone I was unable to say for sure however turning the phone does appear to shift the sound, as the speaker is also changing location it sounds different.

To test I covered each speaker to listen to the other when rotated to landscape, I'm unsure I could detect a significant change.

As for those settings mentioned, it's not to be seen on my mate device also.

Seems there are a few bugs to fix!
So update to the " problem " i could not find the " stereo+ " from the top of settings with search or anything else but what i discovered is that when you raise the volume more then 50% the main speaker starts to get louder as it should to the point where is normal for it. And if i reduce the volume back the shifting does not occur . But if it does that is what i do to fix it. By the way at 70-100% volume the problem does not occur. Thank you anyway for the help bobo!!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, bobo, i can't find "stealth stereo" that you mention but i will try and look for it if not i hope that with a software update the problem will be fixed. Thanks !!You can search "Stereo+" from the top of "Settings."
Hi, bobo, i can't find "stealth stereo" that you mention but i will try and look for it if not i hope that with a software update the problem will be fixed. Thanks !!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, kevdeiu, according to your description, it seems that you have turned on the stealth stereo, you can go into "Settings - sound - more sound Settings - stealth stereo", you can try to turn off the function to see if it is effective.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Kevdeiu,

Welcome on the community! Thank you for sharing your issue!

Have you tried to reset your phone? A simple reset can solve a lot of issues. You can find a how to on this page.

Please keep us updated. 🙂

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings