Answered

Theme and wallpaper settings mate 20 pro

• 4 December 2018
  • 16 replies

Hi

When you set a theme why does it not automatically change the lock screen?

Also why when I set a theme does the background wallpaper appear in HD yet if I manually set it as wallpaper as this is the only way I can get a matching lock sreen and wallpaper, the image Appears blurry and distorted?

If you look at the gold details in the below image you can clearly see the difference

It is worse on the locks reen especially if using a live wallpaper

icon

Best answer by Max 18 December 2018, 18:20

Hi @4kliam,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In regards to your inquiry: When selecting a theme from the Theme store, it depends on the theme installed if the lock screen will change along with the installation of it or not.
This is a feature provided by the installed theme itself. Some theme's also change the lock screen image of the device, while others allow the user to keep the previous lock screen image and change it to their choice.

As for the blurry effect on the lock screen image of your device, please make sure you did not enable the illusion feature by mistake.
Long tap on the screen of the device, select wallpaper and choose the desired image you wish to set as a lock screen. Once selected, you will see on the bottom right (above the pictures option) a scroll with '-' on the left and '+' on the right, underneath writing 'Illusion' and 'Scrollable'. Make sure that Illusion is set all the way to the left, on the '-' sign, so that the image will not seem blurry or distorted.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀

Max
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @4kliam,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In regards to your inquiry: When selecting a theme from the Theme store, it depends on the theme installed if the lock screen will change along with the installation of it or not.
This is a feature provided by the installed theme itself. Some theme's also change the lock screen image of the device, while others allow the user to keep the previous lock screen image and change it to their choice.

As for the blurry effect on the lock screen image of your device, please make sure you did not enable the illusion feature by mistake.
Long tap on the screen of the device, select wallpaper and choose the desired image you wish to set as a lock screen. Once selected, you will see on the bottom right (above the pictures option) a scroll with '-' on the left and '+' on the right, underneath writing 'Illusion' and 'Scrollable'. Make sure that Illusion is set all the way to the left, on the '-' sign, so that the image will not seem blurry or distorted.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀

Max
Hi thanks for your reply

Firstly using the metho to change the lock screen does not. Work. That only allows you to set a wallpaper. It would be easier to be able to set both using the method you have described.

Secondly the blur effect is all the way to the left and it. Is. Still blurry compared to the wallpaper

Thanks Liam
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @4kliam,

Thanks for getting back to us.

When you select the desired picture to set as the background of the device or lock screen, tap on the check mark in the right top corner and you will be prompted with the following options: "Lock Screen" , "Home Screen" and "Both".
Lock Screen will set the image as the wallpaper for the lock screen only.
Home Screen will set the image as the wallpaper for the Home screen only.
And both will set the image for both the lock screen and home screen.

As for the quality of the wallpaper, please keep in mind that it will be reduced to fit the size of the device screen, thus compressing the quality of the picture.
If the wallpaper selected is not the exact dimensions of the screen of your device, this will be resized so it will fit perfectly, allowing the user to zoom in/out or change the position of the picture as desired.

Hope it helps,
Max
Hi

OK you are right but doesn't work with live images as it only allows those on wallpaper

If the image is bigger why is the quality reduced.? On any other device or a pc for example the image its compressed giving more detail. Only if you stretch an image does it look worse

Also if you look at the images from my original post they are the same image, one is set from the theme automatically and has a higher clarity then the one set manually

Thanks again

Liam
Hi folks my first post on Huawei community, just wondering if anyone can help. I've upgraded from the P20 Pro to P30 Pro. Loving it so far, amazing device!

My fiancée has the Mate 20 Pro and she had mentioned about the wallpapers on the store not being high resolution and look a little blurry on the phone and I've also noticed this on the P30 Pro. The P20 Pro was fine. Can this be sorted with an update of any sort or is it to do with the device's aspect ratio's, or users uploading in the same format as our devices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey all!

We might have found a glitch guys! We'll make sure to let our developers know about this!

We don't want to struggle with this in the next update.

If you find other similar issues, please let us know at your earliest convenience!

Kind regards,
Max
Excellent, I hope this is fixed soon 🙂

Thank you for the reply!
@Max Hi there. I've actually been in contact with a developer of some of the wallpapers on the store and the fault is definitely on Huawei's end. The image size and resolution is greatly reduced when uploaded to the store. I've downloaded a few images from the dev's website, the exact same images that are on the theme store and they are perfect quality.

After buying an expensive high end flagship device, you'd surely expect a wallpaper atleast to be of a high quality and not blurry or low resolution, especially when some of the wallpapers and themes actually cost money to own.

I hope this issue is actually looked into and resolved.
Out of the box, many huawei including the Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro will have its Smart Resolution feature active, which lowers the resolution of the screen to help save battery power. If you want to make use of the maximum 3120 x 1440 pixel resolution, you’ll have to override this. Go to Settings, Display, then Screen Resolution. Toggle the Smart Resolution option at the top of the screen, then select WQHD+ from the options underneath. You may want to switch Smart Resolution back on in the future, as not all apps and screens will make use of all the pixels, resulting in a waste of energy.

Try that and confirm
@Atma Already done that when switched on our devices from brand new. As I've mentioned above I spoke to one of the developers who uploaded wallpapers to the theme store and have downloaded the full res images from their website. It's 100% on Huawei's end to sort as the image quality and size has been lowered on the store. I have downloaded the exact same images from the Huawei theme store and from the developers website and the quality it's reduced a hell of a lot on the Huawei Theme store.

I managed to email the developer when looking on the theme store and seeing who the developer/uploader was. I've received confirmation from that developer that they are no longer working with Huawei due to this.

The only best looking quality wallpapers are the pre installed ones that come with the device. I love my P30 Pro it's a fantastic device, probably the best phone I've ever used but something simple as a low quality wallpaper on the official Huawei Theme store shouldn't be a problem. I can download full res wallpapers from any site I know that but the Official Theme Stores wallpapers should be high resolution as standard.
I've tried getting in contact with Huawei about this but the generic response of "We are touch with developers" etc... I emailed a developer and got a response in no time so not sure what takes so long.

@Max any news on the glitch you may have found? Or an update of any kind so that the images we are downloading are full hi res quality wallpapers?

Cheers 👍🏼
Still no update and people seem to still be either misunderstanding or not reading the thread

The issues are not a display issue or an issue with the image quality itself. If you set an image as wallpaper either still or dynamic it looks super sharp. However set it as a lockscreen and it's fuzzy no matter what you do. Blur turned off or all the way down makes no difference.

It's stopping me from upgrading because if simple things aren't corrected how can we trust you to sort out any bigger issues when they arrive. This isn't a cheap handset it's the flagship. And it doesn't display lockscreen images correctly
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@4kliam , your post is still flagged, awaiting Max and the support team to respond. Thanks for your patience.
@4kliam A good amount of the wallpapers on the store aren't super sharp. They seem sharp on other handsets apart from Mate 20 Pro and P30 Pro. As mentioned above I spoke to a developer of the wallpapers on the store and he pretty much explained that Huawei weren't bothered.

Also I understand your issue is with the lockscreen setting a wallpaper being blurry. Mine was just the image quality of a lot of the wallpapers on the store. Hope you get somewhere with your issue and it gets resolved.
@Max Any news on the above post?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jsammut,

Sorry for the lack of replies from our support team.

Please reach out to our official support channels here if you still need help or want to raise this issue with the development team https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/