Answered

Torch when phone is locked

Userlevel 1
Is it possible to use the torch if the phone is locked? Apart from setting one of the buttons as a shortcut.

Thanks in advance 🙂
icon

Best answer by Jmoon 6 March 2019, 00:43

Is it possible to use the torch if the phone is locked? Apart from setting one of the buttons as a shortcut.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, it is. Swipe up from bottom of the lockscreen and a few tools appear, torch being one of them 🙂
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Yes, it is. Swipe up from bottom of the lockscreen and a few tools appear, torch being one of them 🙂
Userlevel 1
Spot on !!! I never realised. Is that tool list editable or set?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Spot on !!! I never realised. Is that tool list editable or set?

👍 It's set for now.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Jmoon That's not quite the full answer.

This WILL work IF you don't have the fingerprint unlock activated and only use the passcode unlock otherwise it's not there!!!

@Max is there anyway of utilising this feature WITH the fingerprint unlock or is this a missing feature that needs to added.

Smeeghead
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Jmoon apologies... it was me... I was not sliding up from the very bottom of the screen, as you really do have to when the fingerprint unlock is enabled 😉

Yes, it is. Swipe up from bottom of the lockscreen and a few tools appear, torch being one of them :)

Is this something you have to activate in settings? Nothing happens when I swipe up from the bottom.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Nope not that I knew of. However I don't have face unlock enabled so that may be the cause of you not being able to access it.

You have to swipe from the very bottom edge to get it mind!

Smeeghead
Took off the case and the screen protector. Still doesn't work on mine 😞 Just got to put everything back together now.
How can I have those tools (torch, calculator, timer etc.) ALWAYS displayed on the lock screen? The lock screen is huge enough to list all of them, and I don't want to have to swipe up all the time I need the torch. Let alone that you need to swipe PRECISELY up, otherwise, you end up at the fingerprint unlock screen / prompt.

On iPhones, the torch is always and easily accessible from the lock screen.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@dandv You can't have them always showing. You have to swipe up.
@dandv You can't have them always showing. You have to swipe up.

Well, that limitation is quite annoying. I don't see the point of it.