Answered

Turn off unlock sound on Mate 20 Pro

• 4 December 2018
  • 12 replies

I am new to Huawei devices and have just purchased a Mate 20 Pro.

It has one very annoying feature currently - it plays the notification sound whenever I unlock the phone, whenever I press the power button on the side or if I unlock by fingerprint. It's something that I really do not like - I know my phone is unlocking - I'm the one unlocking it! I really want to turn off/disable it, but I cannot seem to find a way to do so.

Under Sounds - More Sound Settings, I have the toggle for 'Screen lock' set to 'Off', but that hasn't made any difference.

Can anyone tell me how to turn it off please?
icon

Best answer by Macey141 5 December 2018, 14:57

I spent some time with one of your agents via web chat earlier today. We tried various things such as resetting all settings, wiping the cache partition etc. Nothing seemed to work and then all of a sudden the issue stopped. No idea how or why, but I don't have the issue any more!
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Settings...
Sound...
More sound settings ...
Unselected "power on tone"
Thanks for the response, but I don't seem to have that as an option. The options I have under More sound settings are:
Dialler touch tones
Screen lock
Screeenshot
Screen Touch
Vibrate on touch
Startup sound (tried deselecting that, it didn't solve the issue)
Mobile Broadcasts

Tried searching for 'Power on tone' in settings, but no results found.

Any more suggestions?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Screen lock - slide the bar off..
It gets rid of that little click noise
Thanks, but as I said in my original note, I have the 'Screen Lock' option set to off. And it's not a little click noise, it's the notification sound - the same one I get for new messages etc.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Macey141 I just tried this on a colleagues Mate 20 Pro. he isn't getting the other notification sound you mention which is strange. I'll have a play about and see if I can replicate your issue.
Thank you. I've just changed the default notification sound to check that's what is being played and it is. As I mentioned, it's whenever I press the power button on the side or unlock with fingerprint. It's infuriating!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I can't replicate this at all, really got me stumped 🤔 You don't have launcher installed by any chance?
No launcher installed. Been doing it since I turned on the device for the first time.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
No launcher installed. Been doing it since I turned on the device for the first time.
It's never ever done this on mine and I can't even find how you could switch it on, never mind off, I'm totally puzzled. Hopefully someone can help you.

Regards Jase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Macey141,

Could you try to restore all settings on your phone? Go to settings > System > Reset > Reset all settings, touch Reset all settings, and follow the onscreen instructions to reset the settings. This will restore your device"s initial network settings, fingerprint data, face data, and lock screen passwords. It won"t reset settings for Find my Phone or HUAWEI ID, nor will it delete any data or files.

If this doesn't work, please try to restore the phone to factory settings: This will delete all data in your device"s memory and storage, including your account settings, system settings, app data, installed apps, music, images, and documents, and restore your Phone to its original factory settings. So don't forget to make a back-up. 😉 I'm really curious if this solves your issue!

How to? Open settings, go to System > Reset > Reset phone, touch Reset phone, enter the screen unlock password (if any), and follow the onscreen instructions to reset the settings.

Please let us know if this solved your issue!

@Jase @Gordo26 Thanks for the help!
I spent some time with one of your agents via web chat earlier today. We tried various things such as resetting all settings, wiping the cache partition etc. Nothing seemed to work and then all of a sudden the issue stopped. No idea how or why, but I don't have the issue any more!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Macey141,

Looks like one of the troubleshoots eventually did the job?! Anyway.. I'm glad to see that you've got this issue sorted!