Undulating volume

• 9 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I like to go to sleep listening to speaking, but the volume from the phone speakers drops right away after a few minutes, and then increases again. I'm listening to bbc sounds app on my mate 20 pro.
The headphones work fine, by the way.
Help to cure this, please.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @BobLud

I regularly fall asleep to BBC Sounds on my Mate 20 Pro at night. Is your phone on a flat surface such as a bedside table? I've noticed that if it's left on the bed the speakers can be easily obstructed by bedding.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Ge301,

Sorry you're having issues with sound. This has been flagged to the support team, hopefully they can help you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @all

Sorry to hear of the situation. May I ask on what apps is this occurring ? Also if its possible to flag the app version for us as well that will help us get a better grasp of the situation.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi,
I have the same problem with my mate 20 pro.
Firmware is 9.0.0.210

Additional my speakers (top and down) have a signal noise or quiet background noises. It occurs with Bluetooth headphones (tried various models) and without headphones. You can perceive it by playing quiet, calm music or podcast. (without headphones, you have to hold your ear directly to the speaker to perceive it "optimal")
It occurs with sounds playing and volume 0 too.

(i think, same problem at forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/help/speaker-crackling-t3858901 )