Voice recording has no sound Mate 20 Pro

• 25 December 2018
  • 47 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
Hi
I had this problem since I bought my Huawei Mate20 pro. When i record my voice either by using the Voice Recorder app or by making voice messages in Whatsapp, I almost have no sound. You can hear the first milliseconds of my voice and the rest is silent. I can record very low sounds without any problem but the minute I increase my voice to normal, the recording goes silent.

I went to Phone Manager app and changed the battery App launch from Auto to Manual and disabled all, but no change for my issue. I also went to App permission/ Microphone and kept only the phone main apps to use the microphone such as Phone and Voice Recorder, but still the same problem.

The voice recording problem disappeared only when I restart my phone and only for a while before it comes back.

I'm frustrated and really need help please

47 replies

Hi,
Same issue here in my huawei Mate 20. I recorded my brother's birthday surprise, and I was the one being surprised when I played back the video and there is no sound at all. The microphone are not covered with anything, and i never adjust or change anything on the microphone setting. Then i tried to record another video to test the sound, still no sound are recorded in the video.
After I restart my phone, then only the mic seems to be working. I tried to record another video, and this time, there is sound.
But, at the end of the day, the mic problem seems to come back when the video that i recorded have no sound. After I restart the phone, it turns back to normal where there will be sound in the video that are recorded.

Huawei, please help. Your phone has already ruined the birthday surprise as I'm the only one recording it and it is now a mute video. Maybe you can tell me on how to recover the sound in that mute video.

FYI, I switched from iPhone back to Huawei cause I just love your phone. Don't disappoint me please.
Hi,

I have the same problem on my Mate 20 Pro. Is anyone from Huawei looking into this issue? I can't send voice messages on any app (Whatsapp nor messenger), can't record voice using Recorder App and videos contains no voice.
I would expect an issue like this to be fixed ASAP considering the cost of this phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for voicing your situations in regards to this, rest assured that our Development Team is looking further into this to come up with the best solution as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, I would recommend the following:
Could you kindly open the pre-installed HiCare application, tap on the Smart Diagnosis and select the 'Manual' tab.
From there, perform the microphone test and attach the results with a screenshot to this topic.

Looking forward to your attachments as those will be forwarded to the Development Team to speed up the process.

Thank you once again for your cooperation,
Max
My 1 mth old Mate 20 has the same prblm too, very frustrating as need to restart it to get rid of this problem! After awhile it back to no sound recorded agon, Very inconvenient!

Just purchased my phone 2 weeks ago and I'm having the same issue with WhatsApp voice notes and video recordings.

In WhatsApp (voice notes), voice recorder, video recording I have no sound. Hope huawei is working on a fix. This is extremely annoying.

I couldn't run the HiCare app. When I open the app I get a message saying that it's currently no available in my area.

Note: works when you restart the phone. However after a few WhatsApp voice notes or video the sound goes away again. It's annoying having to restart the phone every time just to get the mic to work for videos and WhatsApp notes.

HUAWEI: NEED A FOX ASAP.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

If you are having the same issue after performing the diagnosis, can you please PM me the serial number of your devices?

In that way, I will be able to look into this further.

You can find the serial number is Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your replies!

Best wishes,
Max
1 month and nothing new to report?
I just bought the phone and i have the same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Scapitam,

If you are having the same issue, can you please PM me the Serial Number of your device as well?

I will therefore be able to look further into this.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Unfortunately having the same issue.
Audio stops recording after a few seconds whether it's voice recorder or camera. No issues with voice calls though. Reboot fixes it but after a few recordings it goes back to audio recording dropping out again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Trozza,

I am really sorry to hear this. Can you please PM me the Serial number of your device as well to check this?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Thanks @Max
You'll find I sent you a PM already. Sent it 2 days ago when I replied to this thread.
Hi @Max

I too am having the exact same problem, and am also not happy.

I've had the phone for two months and still no fix.

Not good Huawei.

I have also private messaged you my serial number a few days ago but have had no response.

Sort it out
Having the same problem. Taking videos but when I look at them later there is no sound playing? Very frustrating as I never know when it's stopped working. Definitely needs to get sorted ASAP. Have a video with my babies first words but the sound has gone so that's ruined now.
And the issue persists without huawei resolving it or offering a permanent solution. Just made some videos of my kids and guess what..... NO Sound!!!

I'm going to go back to samsung since their support offers a solution almost immediately....

FIX THE MIC RECORDING ISSUE. I'm having the same. Problem with voice notes in WhatsApp
Just send you a PM....i need this fixed ASAP Max.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for sending me the requested details privately!

If there are more users who wish to pitch in with their details, specifically the Serial Number and Build Number of their devices (sent to me privately) I would deeply appreciate!

Rest assured all of the details have been placed into the escalation and sent to the development team.

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max
Hello im David i have a p20 pro but i cant send voice Records on whatsapp, my voice is muted, and my vídeo câmera to mute to. Tks for help sorry for inconveniente.
I noticed that when I'm in the private space, I can't control the volume differently in the main space, this type of audio problem from WhatsApp, usually happens when I change from the main space to the to private space.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello, davidfire,
Thanks for writing to us.

Does the issue you're dealing with happen just with WhatsApp, or is it something that crops up on other apps as well?
Should it be something particular to the app you mentioned, then I suggest that you do the following troubleshooting steps.
After each of them, see if the issue is fixed.

1.Check that all permissions are enabled by going to settings>apps>WhatsApp>permissions;
2. Wipe the cache of the app by going to settings>apps>WhatsApp>storage>clear cache & data;
3. Reinstall the app by first uninstalling it and then downloading it from the PlayStore.

If that doesn't fix it, please let me know if other messaging apps allow you to send video recordings and if WhatsApp gives any sort of error when you try to send these recordings.

Thank you.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Max
I have recently noticed that I am having the same issue with my mate 10 pro. No audio when recording video using the camera. After I restart the phone audio records fine for sometime but a day or two later I tried again, it had no audio with the video. Hate to keep reseting the phone before taking a video just to ensure issue free audio. Otherwise it's a fine phone. Please help with a permanent solution.
@Max I have ran the test as requested and private messaged you my serial number.
I hope this issue is resolved promptly!

As mentioned above it is something to do with the secure space . After I deleted the secure space I believe the issue gone away . I deleted my secure space few days ago and so far all good
As mentioned above it is something to do with the secure space . After I deleted the secure space I believe the issue gone away . I deleted my secure space few days ago and so far all good
@Zvi... By secure space do you mean the private space?
I have the same problem please help me

I have the same issue here P20 Pro