Answered

Huawei TalkBand 5 doesn't count steps or track sleep

Userlevel 1
Hi All,

Received my TalkBand 5 yesterday and successfully paired it with a Mate 20 Pro. Even updated the firmware on it to v1.0.10.60. In the Health App (v 9.0.3.362) I enabled the Huawei TruSleep and the automatic heart rate measurement features.

I was expecting it to count my steps automatically without starting a workout from the menu. However this is not the case. It did not record any data on my sleep either.

Has anyone else experienced the same? Or is it just me messing up the settings?

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tamas
icon

Best answer by Avaaz Kamora 12 December 2018, 05:45

Hi everybody, I too was having issues with my talkband and after many pointless messages and calls to 'wahway' I was getting nowhere, so I dug a little deeper into the net and found a solution which has corrected my talkband and now it counts steps and calories, hopefully this method will work for you guys aswell.

First on your phone goto your time and date settings turn off auto mode and change your time zone to Auckland new Zealand then go back into your health app and reset your talkband, its as simple as that. Revert back to your original time zone but maybe keep it off auto. Seems to have worked for me.

View original

105 replies

Userlevel 1
I am having exactly the same problem, so very much looking forward to someone posting the answer!
Snap! I've worn the b5 for the past few days and still not walked a single step according to it! I'm sure we can't all have messed up? I've tried unparing, resetting and still no dice 🤔
Userlevel 1
I contacted Huawei technical support this morning via chat. Very disappointed with the lack of service received. Very much a case of "not my problem mate!"

Support agent was not interested in taking me through any trouble shooting steps, just said, "well if it still does not work after a reset then it must be faulty, so you will need to sent it in to a support centre". This is brand new "out of the box" device!

I don't think he liked the fact that the B5 was given to me as part of a promotion, for buying a Mate 20 Pro through Vodafone.

Here is their response:

Please contact the support line within the webiste you provided. They must have more information in regards to this promotion, as this is the technical support line. What we can offer would be a booking to the service centre, as I mentioned before.

https://huawei-redemptions.co.uk/mate20propromo/

Nothing more i hate that poor service and support!!!!!
Userlevel 2
Exactly the same problem here; I thought my case was isolated, but obviously not. Multiple device resets, no results.

It isn't just the step counting that doesn't work - the alarm functionality doesn't work either, which is my preferred method of wakeup. I was hoping to finally be able to ditch my fitbit ..... but not yet.

I've emailed exertis, who were the ones who sent me the tracking details.

Interesting for me is that Huawei UK are just a few miles down the road from where I work, and Exertis have an office just near home as well. Maybe I'll try something in person if nothing else works.

But it doesn't matter how we received it, all customers should receive the same support.
Userlevel 1
I submitted a query under the Contact Us section on their website. Page said the submission was successful, however have not received an email confirmation or whatsoever with ticket number in case I wanted to follow up.

I might try the chat later.
Userlevel 2
The distributors have have informed me to either call Huawei or try their webchat. Webchat it is. I absolutely hate webchat (which is weird, as I'm a software developer that works in telecoms where webchat is common).
Userlevel 1
I tried the web chat and they pushed me towards the distributor as stated above. Good luck!
Userlevel 1
So I tried the webchat: a jiffy bag will be mailed to me and I need to send the talkband back alongside with the phone's proof of purchase. The band then will be inspected and either repaired or replaced. Process takes around 8-10 working days.
Userlevel 2
Wow, much confusion reigns .... but in theory it should be replaced without question by the seller.

I'm not actually sure who sent me the darned thing. The despatch note suggests that it was sent from Huawei. The email comms came from Exertis. I'll send an email back to Exertis.
I've emailed through via the support page on the promotion website and got an email saying to contact Huawei directly. I opted for the phone call and got through within a couple of minutes and spoke to somebody there who has arranged for a jiffy bag to be sent so I can send it to them.
Expect to get jiffy bag in next couple of days and can expect it back 10 days after it is sent to them as described by nagytomy above.

Hopefully will get a resolution of a working device. I'll update you all on what happens when I get mine back in a couple of weeks!
Userlevel 1
Exertis are distributing the B5s on behalf of Hauwei.

I just called Huawei and the support agent (who was excellent by the way) stated that they are getting a lot of calls for the same issue with the B5. I too have been given the option to send it to their repair centre for a reset,
However, the agent also stated that a reset and connection test to Huawei Health is all they can do, so no guarantees sending it back will resolve the issue.

My gut feel is that their is a problem with the current firmware installed on the B5 and until that is resolved it aint gonna work!
Userlevel 2
The support agent was pretty good for me too; but I have received an email back from Huawei UK (via Facebook!) giving me the correct URL for registering an issue.

So I appear to have multiple routes through to a possible resolution. At some point I may even get a working device.

Quite funny that a lot of these have been put up on ebay over the weekend, I wonder how many of them actually work ....
Userlevel 1
Are you able to share the URL?
Userlevel 2
Emptywallet wrote:

Here you go https://huawei-redemptions.co.uk/mate20propromo/support.php
Userlevel 1
Thanks deekaybee. That is the one for Exertis who managing the fulfillment for the promotion. I have filled in and submitted the form. Let's see what happens.
Userlevel 2
Emptywallet wrote:

Thanks deekaybee. That is the one for Exertis who managing the fulfillment for the promotion. I have filled in and submitted the form. Let's see what happens.

I'm tending to think this is a firmware issue that Huawei should be rushing to correct. If it is a widespread issue, then it is going to reflect badly on both Huawei and Vodafone.
Userlevel 1
deekaybee wrote:

Emptywallet wrote:

Hi All,

Please see my response from Exertis after contacting them via the support link above.

A replacement Huawei Talkband B5 will be shipped out to you as soon as possible. Can you please confirm the delivery and, if different, the collection address. Please advise on a date that is convenient, for you, to schedule the collection to go ahead. Once we have this information we will process both actions and advise you accordingly.

Huawei Fulfilment Support
Userlevel 2
Emptywallet wrote:

deekaybee wrote:

Emptywallet wrote:

Hi All,

Please see my response from Exertis after contacting them via the support link above.

A replacement Huawei Talkband B5 will be shipped out to you as soon as possible. Can you please confirm the delivery and, if different, the collection address. Please advise on a date that is convenient, for you, to schedule the collection to go ahead. Once we have this information we will process both actions and advise you accordingly.

Huawei Fulfilment Support

Same here. Just hoping that this was just a faulty batch and that it wasn't a firmware problem.

I'm tempted to switch the "auto firmware" updates off before connecting the next one. That'll hopefully reduce the chances of firmware screwing things up.
Ahhh I thought it was just me that had the issue! I was looking forward to the step counter too
I'm another one to add to the list of broken B5's

Same as above, not counting steps or sleep. Not tried the alarm as others have stated doesn't work.

I suspect it is a firmware issue and will be fixed soon, will keep a close eye on this thread though.
Hi all me and my wife both got the b5 bands one week apart same issues here as well. waiting for jiffy bag to send mine for repair but last night I sent request via the link above all they told me is to contact huawei so don't no what to do now send it back or wait for update arrrrrrrrrr hope we can resolve this issue soon
Hiya myself and my husband both received one each on different days and we have exact same thing not doing anything except hands free and pairing and I've been through everything trying to work it out.. Glad it's not just me missing the on button!!!
Having exactly the same problem I've been sent on a wild goose chase and I'm angry beyond belief I've sent my email but not had an email confirming they've received my email
Out of curiosity, has everyone here having problems got your talkband free with a phone deal? Or did some of you actually buy the talkband?
Phone deal with vodaphone for me

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings