Answered

Huawei Watch GT - Google Pay & Music Controls

Userlevel 2
Hi,

I wanted to ask about a couple of features that would make this watch great:

• I am unsure if the watch has an NFC chip inside. I've read in some places it does but it is only enabled for the Chinese market. Are there any plans to enable Google Payments in the future using NFC?
  • It would be great to include a simple music control app to play/pause/skip songs playing on your phone from the watch.
  • Finally, it would be good if the notification icon reflected the icon of the app sending the notification. If this can't be implemented dynamically, it would be good to have specific icons for the most popular apps (e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook etc).
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 5 December 2018, 13:57

Hi giorgoXXI,

Sorry for the confusion but the Watch GT dose not support NFC, as it has no NFC chip-set. What can be done via software will see enhancements in future updates.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, I will forward them to the dev. team and perhaps these changes will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Max

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
I agree, and some better watch faces are needed.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi giorgoXXI,

Sorry for the confusion but the Watch GT dose not support NFC, as it has no NFC chip-set. What can be done via software will see enhancements in future updates.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, I will forward them to the dev. team and perhaps these changes will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings