Answered

Huawei Watch GT weather not updating

Everything works on my watch but the weather isn't updating. It updated when I first turned it on but is stuck ever since. I have the GPS on but it won't change. I even tried resetting to factory defaults but it stays the same. Can someone help?
icon

Best answer by GO PHO 23 November 2018, 13:09

So I think I've figured this out. The weather on the watch relies on you having the weather widget on your phone on your home screen.

I use the BBC weather widget not the pre-installed one so it was not in use.

If I add it to my home screen the weather is now accurate. The frequency that it updates in set by the app on your phone. To get it to force updated on my watch I restarted it after putting the weather widget in my home screen and now the weather is correct.

Not sure if this is a bug or just an unintended consequence of not using the default weather widget.

View original

36 replies

Im having the same problem had my watch for 1 day everything working apart from weather not updating
I'm also having the same issue and would welcome some help
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi all,

I think @MBDeaks mentioned the same issue in this thread. @MBDeaks did you have e-mail contact with the support team about this? Any news? If not, i'll ask our support team to check this topic.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Amy wrote:

Hi all,

I think @MBDeaks mentioned the same issue in this thread. @MBDeaks did you have e-mail contact with the support team about this? Any news? If not, i'll ask our support team to check this topic.

I found that the weather for me was intermittent. Apart from those odd couple of days, it seems to be consistently okay now.
Hi @Amy no I don't have an email with support yet. If you could help that would be great
Any news on this problem would be welcome please
Same issue here, weather is stuck! Reset didn't help. Last 24 / 48 hours.
I tried umpairing, clearing the Health app cache and resetting the watch to defaults but still have the same issue.
Userlevel 1
Hi! In regards to the weather app not updating, I'd need to know whether the weather app of your phone shows the same not-updated weather information.

On the watch, check the weather using the following features:

1. Use the Weather watch face: Use the Weather watch face to view the latest weather information on the home screen.
2: Use the weather card screen: Swipe right on the home screen to access the weather card screen to view information such as current location, current weather, temperature and air quality.
3: Use the Weather app: On the home screen, press the up button, swipe up or down on the screen and touch Weather to view information such as current location, current weather, temperature and air quality.

I would also suggest you test the weather report that you can enable from Huawei Health app.

Also, take into account that the weather information displayed on your watch comes from the Huawei Health app and may differ slightly from that displayed on your phone since the Huawei Health app and your phone obtain weather information from different service providers. Please, verify that both GPS and the Huawei Health app of your phone have permission to acquire location information (you can give permission to the app from Settings of the phone > Apps & notifications > Permissions. This might differ depending on the brand, model and software version). For best results on the positioning, select Use GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks as the positioning mode instead of Use GPS only.

Let me know if this works for you!
Hi @Juan

I can confirm that I've done all all the above and it's still the same. The weather is the same weather information as when I first turned on the watch when I got it. The weather now is totally different. I've checked all the permissions and they are correct.

Changing weather reports from the health app seems to do nothing.
So I think I've figured this out. The weather on the watch relies on you having the weather widget on your phone on your home screen.

If I add it to my home screen the weather is now accurate. The frequency that it updates in set by the app on your phone. To get it to force updated on my watch I restarted it after putting the weather widget in my home screen and now the weather is correct.

Not sure if this is a bug or just an unintended consequence of not using the default weather widget.
GO PHO wrote:

Thanks Go Pho, this seems to have done the trick. My weather hadn't updated once since the phone started working...

Dissapointing to find that we are beta testing the watch for Huawei and having to solve the issues ourselves due to lack of customer support. They should start a payout system like giffgaff payback if they are expecting the users to help each other.
Userlevel 2
So what about if we've changed the launcher? The weather widget is restricted to the Huawei launcher! It shouldn't be dependant on the widget in the first place.
I don't like the fact that this topic has been marked as solved! I use the MS Launcher so the GT watch weather is never going to update!

How do we log this as an issue?
Userlevel 4
giorgoXXI wrote:

So what about if we've changed the launcher? The weather widget is restricted to the Huawei launcher! It shouldn't be dependant on the widget in the first place.

I have the exact same issue I don't like the EMUI UI so I use Pixel 2 launcher for stock UI which has the date and weather info on home screen which looks much better than the Huawei widget, I tried the Huawei weather app widget on home screen just to see if it would work and update on the watches weather screen and it updated, but I don't like that big Huawei weather widget, so I'll stick to my pixel date/weather on home screen, the watch still gives me it as notifications anyway.
Hi Guys

Just thought I'll post and let everybody know that the weather is now updating on my GT watch using MS Launcher.

With MS launcher I don't have the Huawei weather widget but I found out by opening the Huawei weather app called "Weather". Upon first launch the app requests permission for enable notifications and once I allowed this the watch started to sync with the GT watch.

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 1
I am using a Samsung Note 9 and my Watch GT is supposed to deliver today. What weather app will I need to have on my phone for the watch to update please.
Userlevel 1
My watch is stuck on 4 degrees.
vickersp wrote:

Hi Guys

Just thought I'll post and let everybody know that the weather is now updating on my GT watch using MS Launcher.

With MS launcher I don't have the Huawei weather widget but I found out by opening the Huawei weather app called "Weather". Upon first launch the app requests permission for enable notifications and once I allowed this the watch started to sync with the GT watch.

Hope this helps.

Hi vickersp. I also use MS Launcher but my watch GT is updating. It's weird that some times I have 3 temp values, one on watch GT, another one in MS Launcher default weather widget and also on the default weather widget of my HTC 😀. But I saw only once or twice that, in general the temp on Watch GT is same as at least one weather widget show's on the phone.
If I install huawei weather app I will have some benefit? or nothing changes? Right now I have no ideea about the update interval for my watch GT weather.
Userlevel 4
Was having the same weather issue as you guys, using pixel launcher or Huawei home launcher, how ever I noticed that the weather app was not a system app which I thought it was so iv uninstalled it, and now my weather updates are fine on the watch.... I think the weather app and pixel weather widget was confusing the watch.
Userlevel 1
I still can not get the weather to update. It's pitch black outside at 06.48am in the UK. My phone says its 2 degrees and cloudy, my watch says 7 degrees and sunny.

I am using Nova Launcher and the Simple Weather and Clock widget.

What app/widget should I be using?
Userlevel 1
I have a Mate20 Pro and 6he WatchGT and both showed my current location as "Drake" which is somewhere that doesn't exist.
So bizarre and when I go into the weather app it takes me to the right place in the accuweather page.

I probably need to have huawei update whatever location data they have for my area as it doesn't seem right.
No idea how as there was no feedback option in the app.
Hi all,

Any ideas on how to ensure that the current weather stats are auto updated on my gt watch??? The weather on my watch only updates when I open the weather app on my P20 Pro but I'd rather have it update every time the weather changes??? All Correct permissions are enabled etc.??

Cheers
Jonnie
Userlevel 1
Please can someone let me know what the default app is needed for the watch? I'm still not getting it to work properly.
Userlevel 4
@Jonhob68 I'd say the default app would be the app that came with the phone, I assume you have locations permissions on for the Huawei health app settings and weather report on in the app.

I don't even have a weather app installed as from my above post, and my launcher has its own date and weather widget but I think the watch gets its updates from the health app, this is just my experience with the watch and its working fine for me.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings