Answered

Huawei Watch GT weather not updating

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 3
Plymalan wrote:

I have a Mate20 Pro and 6he WatchGT and both showed my current location as "Drake" which is somewhere that doesn't exist.
So bizarre and when I go into the weather app it takes me to the right place in the accuweather page.

I probably need to have huawei update whatever location data they have for my area as it doesn't seem right.
No idea how as there was no feedback option in the app.

I have this issue, I am in somewhere called Town Parks West which doesn't exist.
Userlevel 1
My watch has now got the location correct but it certainly isn't sunny out there! ☁️
@RizqElder you are right , the watch gets it's update from the Huawei health app .
The weather app has a problem , it is saying ( Sun ) with the crescent icon

It is middle of the night here , why Sun ?
Userlevel 1
Tsthbl wrote:

Mine too
Userlevel 4
Jonhob68 wrote:

Tsthbl wrote:

Mine too

Yea I must admit I have this too.
Userlevel 4
Well up until tonight had no issues for the past 8days now I happen to live in somewhere called Botany Bay.... Never even heard of it.
Hello,

I love my new Watch GT, but last update has changed the weather functionality. Before update the weather was just synchronized with phone settings. If in phone was location set manually, the watch has just take this. Afterlast watch update in phone must be activated GPS position location. This consumes phone battery and also gps is not correct. It is different as my real location. I have tested it with more weather apps and on more phones. Without this GPS active location weather in watch does not work. Please change it back how it was to show, synchronise weather also from manual location setup and not only from actuall GPS.

Also please develope some app to create own, custom watch faces. I am missing some classic, elegance watch faces.
I think I figer this out!!! It was simply a conflict between the huawei health app and your's phone weather app. If you go to your watch in the huawei health app and disable weather notifications it will work fine. Hope this can help every one. BTW I have the huawei watch GT, so I can't know if it works for other devices
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey guys,

The latest update should have fixed the issue with the weather app.

I would advise you to disconnect the watch, then reconnect it; it should work as intended.

Nevertheless, if you are having the same issue, please PM me the serial number of your phone and watch and this will be looked further into.

Best wishes,
Max
nashvillenobody wrote:

I am using a Samsung Note 9 and my Watch GT is supposed to deliver today. What weather app will I need to have on my phone for the watch to update please.

I have default app .. but i have allowed gps/location/ weather and work fine for my 🙂

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings