Question

No notifications on Watch GT

Show first post

91 replies

Hi all,

I've had my watch GT for a few days now and am starting to get used to the differences between it and my old Samsung but I am having an issue in that the watch does not vibrate at all when I have calls or alerts.

I have looked in the settings on the watch itself and through the health app but cannot find anywhere to enable/disable vibrations.

Does anyone know how to do this or are anyone having similar issues.

Thanks in advance.
nicksh1 wrote:

Hi all,

I've had my watch GT for a few days now and am starting to get used to the differences between it and my old Samsung but I am having an issue in that the watch does not vibrate at all when I have calls or alerts.

I have looked in the settings on the watch itself and through the health app but cannot find anywhere to enable/disable vibrations.

Does anyone know how to do this or are anyone having similar issues.

Thanks in advance.

I have exactly the same issue, no Vibrating at all. Even the sleep alarm which says it will vibrate to wake you, there is still no vibrate.
I tried switching No Disturb on and then back off but it didn't help.
Its a bit pointless notifying you if its under your sleeve and you have no idea.
If im going to have to pul my sleeves up to keep checking I might as well pick my phone up and look.
It seems to be fine for fitness etc but that isn't what I wanted to use it for.
Any help appreciated
I have a watch GT and don't get any notifications despite having rebooted several times and checked all the settings. It doesn't measure my sleep and to measure my heart rate I have to spin it to the underside of my wrist because of my tattoos. The watch is a bit of a joke really, I can't believe that Huawei launched this watch with so many issues.

I also don't like that you can't chose how long the screen stays on for. Sometimes it's gone off before my eyes focus.

I'm very disappointed Huawei, please sort this out and soon. I have been a big advocate for your company, don't let me down.
Similar problem here.

I just received my watch gt and i get notifications only for phone calls, which is a bit strange thing.
Check that your heart rate monitor lights are flashing, it seems that if it isn't reading your heart rate you don't get anything through.
Similar problem here

my watch gt get only notifications for phone calls, all messages are empty. i nawe Huawei P20 phone.
i have honor watch magic ( same huawey watch gt )

Can anyone tell me algorithm of notification on my watch?

compare with mi band 2 - they notify me about all events even they not on my hand.

1. Notifications not coming if watch not on my hand. it's bad, because i want to receive messages when my watch lie near.
  2. notifications not coming if i'am sleep (watch on my hand). it's bad, because my phone always sound off, and my previous mi band 2 wake up me if some calling to me. It's my case (i' am disable truesleep and online heartrate, because battery life)
  3. Telegram send double of messages
can u modify your app to create switcher - "Send notification always" not only on my hand ..

it first my huawey/honor device and i'am disapoined...
I am a new owner of a GT, as phone I have the Xiaomi MI8 Android PIE 9.0 - miui 10, my problem is:
when I want to reject a call from the clock, what it does is reject it on the clock itself, but the phone keeps ringing.

I have tried this same problem on a Xiaomi MI A1 on Android 9 and the same thing happens and on a Xiaomi REDMINOTE4 on miui 10, this function works.
I understand that it is not compatible with Android 9, it is expected some update to solve this, thanks
I raised this as a separate thread because it is not the same issue as here but it was closed so I am raising it here.

I updated my watch yesterday and notifications seem to be a bit hit and miss.

I am getting different icons for different notifications which is good.

Calls and SMS I think are OK

Facebook and Email seem a bit more hit and miss?

Anyone else having problems?
Yes I am still having issues. Watch never alerts me to calls. Messages are hit and miss still but what annoys me the most is that the heart rate monitor doesn't work because I have tattoo's. I tried a fitbit today and that worked fine. I'm getting really annoyed with Huawei now. I think this will be my first and last phone. The watch shouldn't have been released until all this was sorted.
Hi there !
I have received my watch gt yesterday, and i have directly update it.

I have calls, whatsapp, sms notifications. it work fine BUT could you confirm me that huawei health app for ios can't choose the notifications i wish ? I have only "activate notifications" button.

Regards
Since the latest update I'm not receiving any notifications for anything! What's going on? I used to receive everything fine before the update. Sort it out please. I have an honor view 10.
Userlevel 4
Well for me after updating watch software I did notice that notifications were a bit hit and miss as some of you are saying, I rebooted my phone and watch but the weather screen location was still wrong, I beginning to think that the Huawei health app update weather intervals are wide apart, I can be in my home location 2 hours or more and it still say my previous location, however now my notifications are fine call alerts fine so on that side all seems OK for me. Even had a Netflix notification today don't think iv ever had that.

pmthelord wrote:

Hi there !

I have calls, whatsapp, sms notifications. it work fine BUT could you confirm me that huawei health app for ios can't choose the notifications i wish ? I have only "activate notifications" button.

Regards

Yes that's right. It is an Apple limitation that you cannot have selective notifications within the App. It is only settable in Notification Centre
Jon wrote:

pmthelord wrote:

Hi there !

Regards

Yes that's right. It is an Apple limitation that you cannot have selective notifications within the App. It is only settable in Notification Centre

Thanks for the confirmation ! But, how it work ?
Exemple : I choose to be notify for messenger app. I turn on the notifications in the notification center. It work. I do the same thing for facebook app and i receive nothing on the watch ...

Is that normal ? Do I something bad ? No one else have IOS ?
Regards
pmthelord wrote:

Jon wrote:

pmthelord wrote:

Hi there !

Regards

Exemple : I choose to be notify for messenger app. I turn on the notifications in the notification center. It work. I do the same thing for facebook app and i receive nothing on the watch ...

Regards

As I said in the earlier post it is a bit hit and miss. What you are doing is correct but the app/watch does not seem to pick things up correctly. On mine the text/phone notifications seem to be pretty reliable but message, Facebook, Twitter and email only seem to work sporadically
Jon wrote:

pmthelord wrote:

Jon wrote:

pmthelord wrote:

Hi there !

Regards

Regards

As I said in the earlier post it is a bit hit and miss. What you are doing is correct but the app/watch does not seem to pick things up correctly. On mine the text/phone notifications seem to be pretty reliable but message, Facebook, Twitter and email only seem to work sporadically

Ahhhhhhhhhh ! Thanks ! I'm not the only one ^^ We've just to wait a quick update 😉
Userlevel 4
Am I missing something here? When it's sunny and you go to the weather screen on the watch, you see a yellow sun icon and the word SUN... But when it's night and you have the moon icon but it still say SUN, why is this? Have a missed something or don't understand? , and if not how come this ant fixed yet its been like it from beginning of launch.

RizqElder wrote:

Am I missing something here? When it's sunny and you go to the weather screen on the watch, you see a yellow sun icon and the word SUN... But when it's night and you have the moon icon but it still say SUN, why is this? Have a missed something or don't understand? , and if not how come this ant fixed yet its been like it from beginning of launch.

It should probably say clear or no cloud rather than Sun?
Userlevel 4
Has anyone noticed that since the last update the UI seems a bit choppy/laggy and not as smooth. I'm pretty sure it was smoother before, is anyone else experiencing this.
Same issue still occuring here. It was working fine before a couple of updates. I'm in latest version as of right now, on Huawei Mate 20 Pro. No notifications unless in reboot watch then it stops again. But watch is connected as shown in Bluetooth settings and "Find my phone" on watch causes it to ring.

after a short period of time
The watch is not fit for purpose I am considering sending it back to Huawei and buying something decent. I regret moving from Samsung to a Huawei.
I agree with you and i really hope huawei corp read this topic to find quickly solution to solve ours problems ....
I think I resolved this ! It's worked for 3 days straight now.
Thought I'd share my solution in case it's useful to anyone else .

I followed a link I found on the health app "messages not being pushed" (image below) and even though not all steps match what the UI of EMUI 9.0 as it's written for 8.0 it still helped me. Particularly I turned on the priority notifications in the notification settings if health app. Also pictured below.

Unfortunatly i don't have the same interface on IOS 😞

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings