Answered

P20 Pro battery on data compared to wifi

I have noticed my battery lasts ALOT longer when I am using wifi compared to data.

Is this normal?
icon

Best answer by Max 5 February 2019, 17:25

Hi @papajack

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your question, yes it is normal for the batter to last longer when connected to the WiFi and not the network mobile data.

The reason for this is because: when the device is connected to the mobile data it continuously searches for the best signal possible for the network data. This happens during switching 'cells', which are zones covered by the telecom towers, that the phone is constantly trying to figure out where the stronger signal is coming from.

Cellular communication is done at a lower frequency which is prone to losses, and which means more decoding and more sending of same information.

Because of all the reasons, wifi consumes less battery, while mobile network data consumes more battery.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @papajack

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your question, yes it is normal for the batter to last longer when connected to the WiFi and not the network mobile data.

The reason for this is because: when the device is connected to the mobile data it continuously searches for the best signal possible for the network data. This happens during switching 'cells', which are zones covered by the telecom towers, that the phone is constantly trying to figure out where the stronger signal is coming from.

Cellular communication is done at a lower frequency which is prone to losses, and which means more decoding and more sending of same information.

Because of all the reasons, wifi consumes less battery, while mobile network data consumes more battery.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings