Answered

watch gt and sony xz2 compact, smart lock don't work

hello, i cant use smart lock with my sony xz2 compact, sony running android 9.0
smart lock work with my car bluetooth volkswagen golf 7
smart lock work with my apple airpods

i can't see watch gt in list of device approved
i can see only car and apple air pods

i do factory reset for watch gt and sony xperia but no resolve.,..
thanks for help

icon

Best answer by supremo 2 February 2019, 00:29

I have the same problem, i have tried with my s8 and huawei p9 lite

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
For some strange reason I can't add multiple image in one post at the moment, I've tried on both my phone and iPad. However here's what I was going to say and I'll just add images separately.

I'm not entirely sure how it works on the Sony phone but on mine you need to add the device under the smart lock settings rather than choose from a list.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This is how I added it on my phone,

ps make sure you don't have the watch on do not disturb mode.

Regards Jase
watch does not appear in the list of trusted devices, but the air pods are ..

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Does the watch show up on the phone under Bluetooth devices at all?
my watch is gt-aa4, and are not in "disturb mode"
Jase wrote:

no, watch not appear in list of blueetoot device, but work with and pair only with healt app,
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
powerix wrote:

Jase wrote:

no, watch not appear in list of blueetoot device, but work with and pair only with healt app,

That's very strange that is not showing under devices but is connected and working 🤔
Yes, it's very strange, the beauty is that on the iPhone also worked well notifications, now they also arrive doubles and do not cancel the watch after reading them from the sony
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
If the watch isn't showing up under paired Bluetooth devices at all, can you even disconnect it from your phone? (Apart from via health app)
Yes, i Can disconnect but only from the Healt App
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I edited my reply but you'd already answered lol. That's so strange, you could maybe try uninstall the health app and re install it to see if your phone decides it's going to realise the watch is actually connected, I'm struggling for Ideas as you've already tried resetting stuff.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
The first time I connected my watch to phone it literally asked me straight away if I wanted to use it as a trusted device, obviously all phones are slightly different though.
I paired the watch with a Samsung Galaxy s8 but I have the same problem

It does not appear in the list of Bluetooth devices but notifications work and the rest via the healt application

my Watch comes from a preorder of amazon.fr model GT-AA4, one of the first, maybe faulty?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
powerix wrote:

I paired the watch with a Samsung Galaxy s8 but I have the same problem

It does not appear in the list of Bluetooth devices but notifications work and the rest via the healt application

my Watch comes from a preorder of amazon.fr model GT-AA4, one of the first, maybe faulty?

Perhaps as I've paired mine with three devices, Samsung s9+ , Nexus 6p and my mate 20pro, it shows up in Bluetooth devices in all of them.
supremo wrote:

I have the same problem, i have tried with my s8 and huawei p9 litem

Whatmodelof gt-xxx you have?

GT-834
Userlevel 1
supremo wrote:

Likewise, I have exactly the same problem with my Huawei P9. No sign of the watch in connected devices under BT, so no chance of using it for smart lock. I've had no reply to my queries about this providing a solution, but there is a similar thread discussing the same issue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Regarding your questions, for the watch Gt features it's recommended to have EMUI 9 or higher to have all options available.
Lower that this EMUI version, the watch will act as normal one.
Hope it helps! 🙂

Best,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings