Answered

Mate 10 Pro black screen in landscape mode

I have two phones. One is lite mate 10 and the other mate 10 pro. Lite one does not have this issue while pro one has it. The problem is that I have a black screen while watching hd tv ona third app named bein connect when the screen is rotated to landscape Mode. But weirdly enough I dont have this issue in all channels only on some of them. In landscape Mode you can hear the audio but a black screen with the name of the film on the left top. My mate 10 lite has no such issues. I can watch anything on the same app with no issues. Can you recommend anything I can do on the settings to fix that.?Mate pro has no such issues on other video streaming platform but they are not live streaming, though. I can not wait to hear your possible solutions. Thank you in advance.
icon

Best answer by Princeinwhite79 18 August 2018, 19:09

The firm which made this app told me this problem is on almost most mobile Phone brands with oled screens.They told they hoped that issue would be soved in the next apdate thanking me for my understanding. Gpu turbo update will be available soon I hope it will be soved then. Thank you.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Princeinwhite79!

We are glad that you are using our device.

Regarding your query, we would kindly recommend to reset app preferences following the steps below:

1. Settings > Apps and notifications > Apps > the app with the issue > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data(the data of this application will be erased), go back and select Force Stop.

2. Then you have to return to Settings > Apps and notifications > Apps > More > Reset app preferences. At the end of the process restart the phone.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.😀

Julian
I followed the tips you recommend ed but I am afraid it did not work. The issue is still going on.
I think noone has a solution to this. It seems to be software issue caused by Huawei.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Does this app give you the option to output the video to another app? If so I would recommend you try installing MXPlayer and then try to play the video again.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Princeinwhite79!

I am sorry that the problem has not been solved.

We recommend that if you have activated the Bluetooth deactivate it. We would also like to inform you about the fact, that you must have a good internet connection, we recommend you to try with WiFi and with mobile data. If the problem persists, we recommend that you uninstall the application, restart the phone and install it again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.😁

Julian
WiFi and mobile data connections are almost perfect. My other Phone has no such problems though it is always connected to the same network.
I did anything you told me but it is still problematic. I do not think it will be solved until next patch or update. Thank you for your assistance.
It does not allow me to use another player like mx one or something. This issue really bothers.I have already one huawei mate 10 lite. It bothers so much that I can Sell my pro one soon. Thank you all for help.

The first one on the top is from mate 10 lite the black one is again from the same channel on pro one. Both are in landscape Mode. Channel WiFi etc are the same. Attaching these screenshots so you can understand the problem much better.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Princeinwhite79!

I am sorry that the problem has not been solved.

In response to your query, we need you to provide us in a private message with the IMEI number(Settings > System > About the phone) and the build number(Settings > System > About the phone) of the device, to check if you have an update available.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.😁

Julian
The firm which made this app told me this problem is on almost most mobile Phone brands with oled screens.They told they hoped that issue would be soved in the next apdate thanking me for my understanding. Gpu turbo update will be available soon I hope it will be soved then. Thank you.