Answered

Mate 10 Pro charging port broken

• 25 September 2018
  • 19 replies

My mate 10 pro had this problem again. The phone only 10 months old. When first time the charging port had broken I send it back to the service center. They repaired it but not a very good job. Now it starts it again. I have to use a rubber band to hold the charger head so that I can charge the phone. I have been using mobile phone for nearly 25 years. This is first time I use phone made in China. Well I am a China man I want to support my own country.
icon

Best answer by Max 3 October 2018, 16:56

Hi leewailam!

Please tell us, which service center did you contact for this matter? The Door to Door service is available for Mate 10 Pro phones that are within the first year of purchase. So, if your phone is less than 12 months old, you can apply for the Door to Door service. Did you try to apply at the website provided by Julian?

Looking forward to you reply!

Max
View original

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hey leewilam!

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the Mate 10 Pro!

In this case you could also use the Door-To-Door service. To find out more about this please visit this webpage: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/door-to-door-service/

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Julian
Hi Julian
I already phoned the service centre. They said I cannot use the door to door services. Because my phone is 7 months old. Thanks for your help.

William
Sorry it's 9 months old.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi leewailam!

Please tell us, which service center did you contact for this matter? The Door to Door service is available for Mate 10 Pro phones that are within the first year of purchase. So, if your phone is less than 12 months old, you can apply for the Door to Door service. Did you try to apply at the website provided by Julian?

Looking forward to you reply!

Max
Hi Max
Let me tell you my story.
On 27/12/2017 I took out two contracts in THREE in Rugby. They both Pro 10 Mate and they for me and my wife.
On 25/03/2018 my phone charging port broken. I called the service centre (08000886700). After spoke to three operators and they said I couldn't use the door to door services because my phone was over 90 days old.so they sent me a mail bag and I returned it to your repair centre in Ashford in Kent. Ref: 13110-5692716001.
I got the phone back within 8 days.
Now it happens again. To me clearly this phone has some kind of faulty charging port. I use two rubber bands to hold it when it's charging
My daughter keep laughing at me (Made in China).

Thanks
William
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello, please remove your image as it contains your personal information.
Thanks
Hi Max
Let me tell you my story.
On 27/12/2017 I took out two contracts in THREE in Rugby. They both Pro 10 Mate and they for me and my wife.
On 25/03/2018 my phone charging port broken. I called the service centre (08000886700). After spoke to three operators and they said I couldn't use the door to door services because my phone was over 90 days old.so they sent me a mail bag and I returned it to your repair centre in Ashford in Kent. Ref: 13110-5692716001.
I got the phone back within 8 days.
Now it happens again. To me clearly this phone has some kind of faulty charging port. I use two rubber bands to hold it when it's charging
My daughter keep laughing at me (Made in China).

Thanks
William
Can anyone suggest me what to do ?
Userlevel 3
Can anyone suggest me what to do ?
throw it on ebay as spares and parts buy another phone sim free may work out same as getting repaired
Ha ha good idea!
Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Ha ha good idea!
Thanks!

or do what i did last night at the pub swapped my p20 for a nokia 7+ and guy gave me cash also
its like holding a 3310 in my hand when phones never broke 🙂 my screen was shattered so cut my looses not to bad as got it sim free from ebay for under £300
Thanks guys
Great help.
To be honest. It's a good phone. Everything works fine, it had a very good battery. May be I am unlucky.
The Only thing I am complaint is the customer service centre. They should help the customer more. Give them more support and call back to do customer. In my case they promised me but never call back. Which was a shame.
Userlevel 3
To be honest. It's a good phone. Everything works fine, it had a very good battery. May be I am unlucky.
j
just seen this on ebay looks like no ned to solder so maybe worth trying fix yourself maybe it here in uk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Charging-Port-Flex-Cable-Replacement-For-Huawei-Mate-10-Pro-Free-Shipping-/173383675403
Thanks
Hi there,

I was hoping that you could help me out here. I have had exactly the same problem - TWICE!
I bought TWO Huawei Mate 10 Pro about 19 months ago. Is it fair to assume that you have a two year warranty on the products? I'd deem this as a manufacturing problem. One of the phones stopped charging and I had to take it out on my insurance, I got a replacement. Now my second, exact same phone has the same issue, not charging properly and charging port being broken. Could I send this in for repair?

I can only charge the phone when I angle the cord in a certain way and apply pressure.

I'd like to remain a Huawei customer as I really like the product, good battery life and camera. However, this is quite shocking as in the previous thread the same thing has happened before.

Please advise!

Very best,
They had repaired my phone twice, they promised me they would replace my phone under warranty which they didn't, the main problem is when you call their customers service different people say different things,