Answered

Mate 10 Pro - plays song when notification received

• 3 November 2018
  • 5 replies

When I receive a notification from Facebook or WhatsApp - maybe other phone plays a 3 minute song.

I cannot stop it - I have to resort to restarting phone to stop.

Can mute - but then everything else is on mute too.

I AM REALLY STUCK - Please help.

Many thanks
icon

Best answer by Ihor 5 November 2018, 12:55

Don't have that issue but you might want to go to settings - apps and notifications - apps - here you choose your app from the list - Notifications - Scroll down to More Settings and there you'll get Notifications and sounds Menu where you can change all this things for chosen app. Please note that all this is in Emui 8.0.0.141, in other version it can be in different place, though I don't think so.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi David30B, Welcome!

I haven't heard about this issue before! Maybe @Gavdutchname75, @RizqElder, @ryan, @Ihor or @Lifelust could help out? - You are all using a Mate 10 pro, if i'm correct?!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Go to settings - sound - default notification sound - select bongo (default) or something else if you wish
Don't have that issue but you might want to go to settings - apps and notifications - apps - here you choose your app from the list - Notifications - Scroll down to More Settings and there you'll get Notifications and sounds Menu where you can change all this things for chosen app. Please note that all this is in Emui 8.0.0.141, in other version it can be in different place, though I don't think so.
Hi Amy and all who responded,

I thought it might be simple - but just could't get my head round it. IT WAS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!
At least the song was nice!
In the end I sorted it out myself last night.

The problem is I had been selecting sounds then used Music (on storage) - selecting Dream I Possible - a lovely peace.

I heard it enough times FULLY and don't dislike it!!!

Just reverted to Sound - I now use Letter as the notification. Much more appropriate.

Thanks for your support.

By the way I am on 8.0.0.150(C432)

Really enjoying the phone - glad I did my research on Huawei before buying as is gives other
Android and Apple phones a run for their money. 😃

Future looking bright for Huawei.
Userlevel 5
Only just saw this.. Glad you sorted it, I suppose I wouldn't of been much help anyway as I wasn't experiencing that, however I did think it must of been a settling.