Answered

Mate 10 Pro USB C problems

• 15 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Everything worked fine until this afternoon when suddenly phone started not detecting headphones (neither original in-ear nor the ones used with adapter). I restarted my phone, but it still did not detected headphones. Subsequently, when I tried to connect my phone to computer, my PC did not detect the phone. So I want to know if this is software problem or I have to repair the phone? Model: BLA-L29
icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 17 May 2019, 21:58

Easiest is testing with a different cable first, since you porbably use the same cable for charging/connecting to the PC.

For a factory reset, since your PC doesn't recognize the device, you can do a backup via Huawei Cloud, for things such as Notes, Contacts, calls, and your Gallery. Otherwise there's other backup solutions such as Google Drive/OneDrive, etc

You can alternatively transfer all your data on a different phone via Huawei Phone Clone.

Before resetting the device, make sure to delete your google account from it first.

If the reset does not solve the issue, you can contact Huawei's hotline in the UK (or your country) to obtain more information on how to send the device for a repair.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi, Did you drop the phone? or did you take out the wires in a hurry?
when you connect your phone to the pc does it charge at least, and have you tried to charge it from the plug? did you update EMUI recently?

If it does not charge or detect the phone, it might more likely a hardware issue with usb port.

If your phone is within warranty, i suggest you give huawei support a call on 08000 886 700 where they might be able to help you further.

PS. one last thing: have you factory reset your phone to see if it solves the issue you are facing?
Hello, my phone all day was in my pocket. When I connect it to my pc, the phone only charges. It used to show a notification about how I want to connect my phone (charge only, reverse charge, midi input, etc.) but now the notification does not pop up when I connect the phone to my pc. In addition, the fast charge is not working anymore, the charging speed is only a little faster with fast charge adapter compared to pc. I have not did a factory reset since I do not want to lose all the information
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Easiest is testing with a different cable first, since you porbably use the same cable for charging/connecting to the PC.

For a factory reset, since your PC doesn't recognize the device, you can do a backup via Huawei Cloud, for things such as Notes, Contacts, calls, and your Gallery. Otherwise there's other backup solutions such as Google Drive/OneDrive, etc

You can alternatively transfer all your data on a different phone via Huawei Phone Clone.

Before resetting the device, make sure to delete your google account from it first.

If the reset does not solve the issue, you can contact Huawei's hotline in the UK (or your country) to obtain more information on how to send the device for a repair.