Answered

Speakers have gone quiet and tinny on Mate 10

• 14 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I have a Mate 10. ALP-L29 141 (C636). Since ROM 138, media at max volume (15) is played very quiet through the speakers. Sound also sounds slightly distorted. I am not sure if my speakers are faulty or the latest ROM updates broke the sound volume. The speakers never used to be this quiet. Just happened all of a sudden. It's very frustrating. No water, no dirt. I look after my phone well.

Please can someone help? It's got to the point I want to sell the phone now as the sound quality is poor.
icon

Best answer by Tboy2000 11 October 2018, 06:02

I managed to fix the low sound. I used a safety pin to carefully clean the speaker grill holes. I also used a few unclog your speaker apps. The combination fixed my low sound. Sound back to normal now.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hey Tboy2000!

We are sorry that you're experiencing issues with your Mate 10.

We recommend that you delete the cache memory of the phone, following the steps below:

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Julian
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I managed to fix the low sound. I used a safety pin to carefully clean the speaker grill holes. I also used a few unclog your speaker apps. The combination fixed my low sound. Sound back to normal now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Tboy2000,

Thank you for sharing your solution. I would not recommend using a safety pin, but I'm happy it worked for you! Could you please let us know what Apps you used to unclog the speakers? It might help others with the same problem.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
There are three apps I used. Exact app names are:

"Unclog your speaker"
"Speaker Clean"
"Android Speaker Cleaner"

I ran all of these a few times. Made my speaker louder. I didn't think it would work but it did. Yes agree the pin is not a good idea but I did manage to remove something white from the holes.