Question

Work Profile and keyboard not working after last update.

• 12 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,
I received a latest update on my Huawei Mate 8 (which worked perfectly before this).
I'm on NXT-L29C432B584 now.

2 things broke:
  • Work profile
  • Google Keyboard
Work Profile
My work profile icons no longer show (I tried to delete and recreate the work profile, with no joy). I can't see the Play Store for work profile as before.

The weird thing though is that I receive notifications for the Work profile apps (e.g. GMail or Play Store), and if I click on those the apps open (so they exist), they're just not reachable from the Launcher.

Google Keyboard
I used a Google Keyboard with 3 languages: English UK, Italian, French. Now it is stuck on English US, but if I try and look for the language options I see the 3 I used before.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Riccardo

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @r.cocetta,

Regarding this inquiry, can you please PM me the Serial Number of your devices so I can look into this further?

You can find this info on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the devices.

Looking forward to your replies!

Best wishes,
Max
I think you can retrieve work profile icons when you delete memory from settings / applications / huawei launcher.I keep doing this continually on the P30 Pro when I change the size of the icon grid to a larger one, I don't know what the connection is but I disappear icon Work profile (Outlook etc.)