Answered

Calendar notifications for past events, but not closed or dismissed

• 13 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I just switched from Samsung to Huawei P smart and I am finding several missing functions though both Android. I synched my Google calendar bit I noticed that once an event is passed I no longer receive notifications about it even though I have not closed/dismissed the event. I.e. if I do not complete certain task scheduled for today the Calendar will not remind me anymore about it.... And I will never complete it.
icon

Best answer by JackJ 15 June 2019, 12:35

Hi there @Maiahr, welcome to the community!

Certain functions are quite different for different brands. Make sure that the Google calendar does not have any power intensive prompt enabled.
You can do that from phone manager/battery settings > (Make sure power saving mode is not enabled, since it can disable sync for your apps), open Launch > Look for the calendar and make sure that the tick next to it is not enabled, when you disable it a window will pop up with three options, select all three of those and you're set to go.

This might not change the way it functions, but it will eliminate any issues caused by the power saving process.

Let us know if this helped! Cheers!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi there @Maiahr, welcome to the community!

Certain functions are quite different for different brands. Make sure that the Google calendar does not have any power intensive prompt enabled.
You can do that from phone manager/battery settings > (Make sure power saving mode is not enabled, since it can disable sync for your apps), open Launch > Look for the calendar and make sure that the tick next to it is not enabled, when you disable it a window will pop up with three options, select all three of those and you're set to go.

This might not change the way it functions, but it will eliminate any issues caused by the power saving process.

Let us know if this helped! Cheers!
Thank you JackJ. The strange thing is that I was not able to find Calendar in the Launch list. Any idea?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @Maiahr

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your issue.
I would recommend you to log out and re add the google account again and see how it goes. If the issue remains, contact the support team for proper review.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T.🤓