Answered

Emails not being sent

• 21 August 2018
  • 9 replies

I have the P10 . the Huawei helped me set up the email and everything was fine for the first two months. Now I cannot send emails just receive them which is frustrating. Emails work on my other devices so its a phone issue but Huawei does not want to help or accept that there a problem with the phone.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Sandra
icon

Best answer by Tony 21 August 2018, 23:45

Have you ever set up 2-step authentication for your iCloud account? You can use this to create a specific password so you can access your emails on an android device.

Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and login to your iCloud account. Head to the security section and you'll see an option for app-specific passwords. Click the link and name the password something like 'android mail' (it really doesn't matter what you call it) and next it should generate a password for you. Make a note of this!

Next on your phone go to add account, choose IMAP and input your iCloud email account but this time use the password you just generated on the Apple website.

Try this and once again let me know if it doesn't work and we will try something else 😊
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
There probably isn't anything wrong with your phone, email syncing is a software issue not hardware. Have you tried removing your email account from the phone and then re-adding it?
Thanks Tony,

Yes but i wish i did not as on setting up I get error message Account set up error user name or password incorrect or the IMAP/SMTP service is disabled. !!!!! Now I have nothing..
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Ok Sandra I'm going to try and help you with this. What type of email account are you using?
That's very kind of you; I have an icloud email account. I think with an android phone and icloud the outgoing server and incoming service have different set up requirements? but Im at a lost as to how to set this up!!

Many thanks
Sandra
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi Sandra apologies I've been settling my daughter down for bed. Let's try and get these emails working...

Can you completely remove the email account from your phone please? Once that's done go to settings, users & accounts and choose add account. Enter your iCloud email address and password and press next. Select IMAP and press next. When you see incoming server settings remove the @icloud.com bit from your username. Change the IMAP server to imap.mail.me.com and the security certificate to SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates). Lastly make sure the port is 993.

On the outgoing settings page make sure the server is smtp.mail.me.com, security type is STARTTLS, port is 587 and required sign-in is checked.

Give this a try and let me know if it doesn't work. I'll try to reply asap 👍
Hi Tony,

Yes ive done all of the above except:-
1 I keep on getting the Account setup error:-
'The user name or password is incorrect. The IMAP/SMTP service is disable. Enable the service and try again'
2 I don't know how to get to the outgoing server page / Im unable to get to that outgoing page

Thanks
Sandra
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Have you ever set up 2-step authentication for your iCloud account? You can use this to create a specific password so you can access your emails on an android device.

Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and login to your iCloud account. Head to the security section and you'll see an option for app-specific passwords. Click the link and name the password something like 'android mail' (it really doesn't matter what you call it) and next it should generate a password for you. Make a note of this!

Next on your phone go to add account, choose IMAP and input your iCloud email account but this time use the password you just generated on the Apple website.

Try this and once again let me know if it doesn't work and we will try something else 😊
Right Tony we are getting somewhere, the emails are back hooray, but when I sent a test email to myself it was sent to the outbox and not delivered. I can only see sent emails from January!!!! Something must be wrong with the out bound server?

Many thanks
Sandra
Going to bed now speak tomorrow (but maybe out all day!)
You;ve been a great help so far many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
What settings does it say now for your outbound server?