Answered

EMUI stuck on 5.1 P10 Plus

Show first post

38 replies

Im on Vodafone in the UK, but bought through carphone warehouse so phone is unlocked
Hi also have a P10 plus build number VKY-L09C432B162 from Caroline warehouse on Vodafone. My Android security patch level is July 2017. I find it pretty shocking that no updates since then. The phone is great but I've had it over 12 months now and want some new features. When will the Android 8 update be available for my device?
Same build as mine, bought in January, sim free, am on 3 network. Have been in touch with Huawei Customer Service, all they can offer is for me to send my phone to the nearest service centre and they will see if they can update it there. Explained that this would mean me being without my phone for about 2 weeks, also they kept telling me that they would check that my phone wasn't damaged! Tried telling them that my phone isn't broken - just needs update and asked when I can expect said update - reply said they 'don't know'. Not exactly good customer service. I would consider taking my phone to service centre if it was close to home, but not prepared to drive over 40 miles on the off chance they will be able to update it for me.
I suppose this is the issue with a newish Chinese firm. They've learnt how to build some cracking devices but haven't grown their customer service and support accordingly.
They're not a new company though, they were founded in 1987 and overtook Ericcsson as the largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in 2012, so you would think that they would have got all this sorted by now.
Fair point. I suppose they haven't really had the devices though to challenge the likes of Samsung and Apple until now. They need to get it right
One year older than my P10 Plus and my Z Droid Force just got September 2018 security update patch lol! Huawei don't care about the costumer...
Agreed! If not for Formware Finder app I wouldn't have gotten any updates since B113. And I have a C432 sim free model that isn't locked to a network.

But now I'm on B360 Oreo, FF doesn't work anymore to get new updates. So I'm stuck.

I've also called Huawei customer service, even got a reference number, but no updates still a month on and having chased them.

Theres a huge bug/flaw in their update push process, and either the company is clueless what is causing it or just don't care enough to dedicate engineering time to fix it.
I gave up ringing costumer service. They are like a broken record lol! Can you imagine that even my Huawei media pad got September security update patch? And we talking about a 3 year old model... Nuff said đŸ˜¡
I just received a replacement handset as my old p10 developed a problem with the finger print scanner. This phone is stuck on emui5. It's driving me insane. Can someone please advise? I was chatting online to customer services and they just left me hanging for 9mins without any communication...
I just received a replacement handset as my old p10 developed a problem with the finger print scanner. This phone is stuck on emui5. It's driving me insane. Can someone please advise? I was chatting online to customer services and they just left me hanging for 9mins without any communication...
We all screwed m8. There's nothing on the Web regarding P10 Plus...
I think some users don't try the 'download full package' and thats why they may be stuck

go to settings > system updates> wait for the update check to finish > click the 3 dots top right> choose 'download latest full package'

this works to download some latest patches if you haven't received any updates at all as that's how i got the Jan 2018 update.

but still not the Oreo one lols😉
I'm pleased to say that last week I got the update to Oreo and EMUI 8, with an October 2018 security patch level.

the phone seems to be responding well, only a slight annoyance with the power management app - but I've sorted that now thanks to a quick google search on how to turn off notifications for power intensive apps.

Battery life seems fine, and I'm once again happy Huawei, so have bought one to replace my son's S6!