Answered

EMUI stuck on 5.1 P10 Plus

Hi all.

Is anybody else stuck on B162 software release on their P10 Plus? I'm running a UK Sim free model VKY-L09C432B162 and getting more and more frustrated.

Huawei on FB state my IMEI is on the approved list for the Oreo upgrade, but I'm resigned to the idea that I'll never get it. Am I the only one?

Roger
icon

Best answer by Max 24 August 2018, 13:42

Hi Roger!

Glad to hear that you are using one of our products! :D

Regarding your question, we can confirm that the P10 Plus is scheduled to receive the Oreo update, together with the EMUI 8. Please bear in mind that the update packs are made available in batches, so not all devices are receiving them at the same time.

That being said, if you would please be so kind as to provide me your phone's IMEI number in a private message, I can check if the Oreo update is available for your phone.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the post and, in the page the opens, select Send message. Please do not post the IMEI number in this discussion.

Looking forward to check this information for you!

Max
View original

38 replies

Thanks Max, I have PM'ed you.
To update this thread, I am literally downloading Oreo as I type. Huawei must have pushed a very new release as it includes August 2018 security patches.

Public thanks to Max for the help.
Agreed! If not for Formware Finder app I wouldn't have gotten any updates since B113. And I have a C432 sim free model that isn't locked to a network.

But now I'm on B360 Oreo, FF doesn't work anymore to get new updates. So I'm stuck.

I've also called Huawei customer service, even got a reference number, but no updates still a month on and having chased them.

Theres a huge bug/flaw in their update push process, and either the company is clueless what is causing it or just don't care enough to dedicate engineering time to fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Ror100

Happy to read that you received the update. Thanks for letting us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I just merged 2 topics on Huawei P10 plus software.

Please read Max's reply:

Regarding your question, we can confirm that the P10 Plus is scheduled to receive the Oreo update, together with the EMUI 8. Please bear in mind that the update packs are made available in batches, so not all devices are receiving them at the same time.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We are happy to help. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Roger!

Glad to hear that you are using one of our products! :D

That being said, if you would please be so kind as to provide me your phone's IMEI number in a private message, I can check if the Oreo update is available for your phone.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the post and, in the page the opens, select Send message. Please do not post the IMEI number in this discussion.

Looking forward to check this information for you!

Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Misty

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing with the Google Play. In response, you can try the following troubleshooting steps in attempt to solve your issue:

Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play services > Storage > Clear cache > Manage space > Clear all data

Then repeat the same steps with the Google Play Store as well (with clear data instead of Manage space > Clear data)

Hope this proves useful

@alants

Since the Android Pie (9) was only recently released, we haven't received any official information what devices will receive the upgrade in the UK or when. Nevertheless, if you wish, you can send me a private message with further details, so I can check the update status for your phone. To send a private message, simply click on my name in the post and, in the page the opens, select Send message. Looking forward to your reply!

Max
Userlevel 2
Same here Roger got a mate 9 been stuck on 5.1 since November last year and very frustrating
Userlevel 2
Lucky you still on 5.1 on my Mate 9 😬 😬
Userlevel 2
I've got a mate 9 which hasn't had an update since November last year can't get a sensible response from Huawei as to why just that an update is coming sometime. I see the oneplus 6 is being updated to pie in the next few days why can't Huawei be that quick while we are still waiting for Oreo. Perhaps Oneplus would be a better buy for my next phone
Userlevel 2
Have you tried firmware finder?
Userlevel 2
And that is the same answer I have been getting since February for my Mate 9
Userlevel 2
Yep I'm getting Oneplus 6t when it is released
Userlevel 2
Yes buy a oneplus
Userlevel 2
Got a Mate 9 same problem so I am going for a oneplus 6t when it is released
Userlevel 2
Hi Smogy Got emui 8 yesterday fraud there isn't any other way to get the update just be patient and you will get it eventually. I had to wait a year!!
Hi, I have the same problem and I have a p10 plus. I think this is the reason why I'm having some issues also with Google Play - like all of a sudden I'm not able to download apps and updates..
Userlevel 1
So is this the same for p10 seeing there is talk of emui9 being rolled out soon I thought all products should at least have 8 beforehand
Userlevel 2
I have two p20 phones. First have all features: dark mode, WiFi calling, gpu turbo and its European version c432(I bougth that in Vodafone salon vendor hw, country eu).Second one still stuck on April's update becouse it's UK version c782 and no features like first one have. I bought that in mobiles.co.uk. (Vendor Vodafone, country UK.) And most interesting thing: on European version all Vodafone settings works fine, but for UK version Vodafone not giving promision to Huawei release the updates. So quastion. What I should do with p20 UK c782 version. I could change region but Huawei not giving bootloading code anymore.
Userlevel 2
And that is the same answer I have been getting since February for my Mate 9
I wonder when Huawei will stop lieing.
Userlevel 2
Have you tried firmware finder?
Yes I tried. On FF list was B150 update which was removed and now is B152 which is not approved for instalation. I think 🤔 I ganna scrap my p20 c782. What for I need that phone if I cannot use all the features.
Im UK based and I got a Huawei P10 Plus when they came out. It's factory unlocked, not rooted or unlocked bootloader. Since the first day I bought this phone I didn't have a single official update or security update patch! If it wasn't for Huawei Firmware finder on PlayStore i would still be stuck on whatever version! Why is this Huawei model so neglected? Considering I paid good money for it, I feel I was dooped. Unfortunately for some reason Firmware finder stopped working. Is there anyone out there that could tell me what's going on? Many thanks
One year older than my P10 Plus and my Z Droid Force just got September 2018 security update patch lol! Huawei don't care about the costumer...
I gave up ringing costumer service. They are like a broken record lol! Can you imagine that even my Huawei media pad got September security update patch? And we talking about a 3 year old model... Nuff said 😡
I just received a replacement handset as my old p10 developed a problem with the finger print scanner. This phone is stuck on emui5. It's driving me insane. Can someone please advise? I was chatting online to customer services and they just left me hanging for 9mins without any communication...
We all screwed m8. There's nothing on the Web regarding P10 Plus...