Answered

Family link manager - error

• 2 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Got my eldest son his first ever phone today, a P Smart. As he is under 13, we followed the Family link instructions on the phone and now the phone is unusable. Just a continuous error message. Cannot shut down, cannot hard reset, cannot answer call or do anything.

Please help as my son is so incredibly disappointed!!!
icon

Best answer by Max 3 May 2019, 20:06

Hi @Cameline,

I am sorry to hear about the situation that is happening on your son's device.

Kindly be informed that we are not the developers of the Family Link application and it's best to contact Google in regards to this as they are the designers.

Additionally, I will attach the factory reset steps: https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-a-question-faq-s-3/having-problems-with-your-device-try-to-reset-your-phone-1205

Hopefully the above proves useful!

Best wishes,
Max
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Cameline,

I am sorry to hear about the situation that is happening on your son's device.

Kindly be informed that we are not the developers of the Family Link application and it's best to contact Google in regards to this as they are the designers.

Additionally, I will attach the factory reset steps: https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-a-question-faq-s-3/having-problems-with-your-device-try-to-reset-your-phone-1205

Hopefully the above proves useful!

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, bought yesterday a huawei y6 for my son.
As we went through the installation process, the system asked whether we are interested in family link manager, we said yes, while the system finished all installations. However, once we opened the phone, we have a continuous error massage saying the system recovered from a serious error cause by Family link, and that it is recommended to uninstall it, whereas it is impossible to press on uninstall button. It is impossible to go through the message, and it is impossible to press anything on the phone.
Tried hard reset, it is not possible as well.
The message we get => software install failed. Get help from http://www.emui..... where everything is in Korean (?) language.
How can we make the phone usable???
Thank you for your help.
Julie
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @julie.benarush,

Welcome on the community! I moved your post here. Please read @Max's reply and let us know if you still need assistance from our side. 🙂
Hi,
Unfortunately, the instructions didn't really help as the phone gets stuck on the error message and would not let you get to phone settings to perform a forced restart. The + volume button and a power button also lead to an error message. Therefore, it is impossible to have a factory reset in this condition.
However, I found a solution if someone ever gets into this situation:
1/ If your child is below 13 => delete the google account associated with this phone using your parent account.
2/ Try several times to do the factory reset with a volume and power button
3/ Once the phone is ready for a new set up - DO NOT ASSOCIATE AN ACCOUNT FOR A CHILD LOWER THAN AGE 13, specify higher age.
Hope it helps.
Julie
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for sharing this Julie! 🙂
Same problem here. Hard reset and factory restore does not help as the account is already on the phone. It is an account for an over 13 year old so that solution doesn't help either. It seems Huawei update has broken family link compatability. Is there a solution or is my sons phone no longer suitable?
It's a common problem with Kirin710 processor phones

I've a procedure to suggest that solved the problem:
a. hard reset to "clean" the phone from the previous account
to shut down the phone just keep pressing the power button
as soon as the phone is off keep pressing the UP volume with the power button to enter the hard reset menu
b. don't enter any account "just keep answering SKEEP"
c. on the computer download the .apk family link for children
d. connect the phone with the computer and copy the apk file in the phone
e. with the app "file manager" look for the .apk file and intall it
f. open the family link follow the procedure
f1. in my case the "add account" (of my child) was still running so I just entered the play store and logged with my child account

that's it!