Question

GPS update issue

• 11 May 2019
  • 3 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
I have a P8 lite 2017. I believe there was a worldwide GPS update on 6th April which means that all the activities I log on Strava are now recorded as taking place in 1999. Strava support says my provider should provide an update following this GPS change and that strava can't do anything about it. There are no available updates for my phone so I don't know what to do!

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do?

3 replies

I am from Croatia, I have P20 Pie 9.0.0, and Honor 8 Nougat 7.1.1,both of them can't catch any GPS signal.. P20 since December... I have tried everything, and reset my phone... Several Android apps...but nothing helps, my navigation (Here, Sygic..) doesn't work properly (my wifes Samsung S8 catch GPS with no problem) ... What to do... Change phone, buy Samsung
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hey @Wren, welcome to the community!

I'm happy to hear that using the P8 Lite 2017! Updates come out in batches over the country. Some devices receive the update much later than others. This is to avoid major issues on all devices.

Regarding your enqiry @arasic, your device might have a manufacturing fault. This can easily be sorted out if your device is under warranty.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Let me know if you have questions!

Cheers,
Jack
Hey @Wren, welcome to the community!

I'm happy to hear that using the P8 Lite 2017! Updates come out in batches over the country. Some devices receive the update much later than others. This is to avoid major issues on all devices.

Regarding your enqiry @arasic, your device might have a manufacturing fault. This can easily be sorted out if your device is under warranty.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Let me know if you have questions!

Cheers,
Jack

Thank you Jack. Can I request an update?