Question

Huawei P10 sent away for repair.

So last week I sent my p10 away for repair with blurry camera issue.. On the job information sheet it says it’s out of warranty. The warranty reason says nothing provided.

any idea when it says it’s out of warranty when my warranty doesn’t expire until October 2019?

regards
katie

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I'm not sure, but do you have to provide an original bill of sale to prove the warranty? I know maybe they could just check their own web site, but I think that might be the rules.

Cheers

Steve
Yeah I had sent the receipt along with my phone. I had issues with even doing that because the person I was talking to kept telling me it wasnt a valid proof of purchase because the imei wasn’t on the receipt. But when I took my phone back to the shop where I purchased it from huawei had an argument with the store manager saying Argos is breaking the law because they don’t provide receipt with the imei number on it. So I contacted Argos helpline and they contacted huawei and I was told by them my proof of purchase is fine without the imei so I sent my phone for repair along with everything they asked for.

but now it says it’s out of warranty.

not sure but seems like huawei customer service isn’t the best thing. Not hadn’t problems with getting other phones I’ve had repaired in the past. Never been asked for receipt with imei until now.

regards
katie
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
How ridiculous. A proof of purchase is good enough and I guess the web site says the phone is under warranty.

I'm not sure what you should do next. Maybe the admins can help?

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Katie,

Sorry to read about this! You can read everything about the warranty in this topic. Some things are not covered by the warranty. Maybe this has something to do with it?

What is not covered by the Warranty
9. This Warranty does not cover defects and damage resulting from:
• Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the equipment.
• The Product being used other than in a normal and customary manner.
• Any disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications carried out by anyone other than HUAWEI or an Authorized Service Center.
• Misuse, abuse, negligence or an accident howsoever caused.
• Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of the Product.
• Spillage of food or liquids, corrosion, rust or the use of wrong voltage.
• Scratches or damage to plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts due to normal use.
• Use outside of use permitted under the Product’s user manual.
To the above I.E. as a clarification: cracked screens, broken components, usage of improper accessories that cause a malfunction.

I also asked our support team to assist you in this thread. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Katetra, welcome back!

If you are convinced that your device is still under warranty, you might want to contact the repair center to discuss this with them.

Here's their number: 01233619320 (SBE Ashford KENT)

I hope you'll find this helpful!
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings