Question

Huawei psmart slower after update

After update my phone isnt the same it was
And ram usage is alot higher
Anyone can help?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Psmart user 8 - can you provide some more information. Which update? Also, a reset might help resolve things:

https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-a-question-faq-s-3/having-problems-with-your-device-try-to-reset-your-phone-1205

I think its that EMU 9.1
That changed my icons a little bit and android version
Same issue, it's a lot laggier: apps are slow to launch and load content. App switcher is ugly and wonky and choppy: even the rounded corners are crappy. The update is not at all what the update text described (faster file system and apps). It's wonky now (besides the app icons being fat and ugly).

Fix please 🙂
Agree, slow and sluggish, much faster battery consumption, really poor job on this update. Also the icons on the last version were better. Needs sorting as soon as possible. Doing Huawei's reputation a lot of damage.
It's terrible, borderline unusable since the update to pie.

It's slow, opens apps by itself, and the lag is ridiculous.

Seriously considering a move to another brand as a result. They obviously did not test this update for this phone whatsoever.
Same here. Please repair, issue an update, or I have to buy a new phone. It's unusable now - used to be a good quick phone.
Same here after update phone is sluggish, Spotify starts of judder, phone is unresponsive borderline unusable. I have 2 years left on my contract with this price of junk now. Thanks Huawei - thanks a bunch
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Huawei 5-0 - sorry to hear this, does a reset helped?

https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-a-question-faq-s-3/having-problems-with-your-device-try-to-reset-your-phone-1205
Not tried it yet but reluctant to do so as would I not lose all my stuff on my phone? Pics music etc?
Yes, you would. You'd need to back up first. I don't want to do it either, only as a very last resort... There is no explanation as to why this happened though, and I'm clearly not the only one.

BTW, your "Huawei 5-0" is clever, if it wasn't for the fact it's pronounced' wha-way' 😉