Question

P8 Lite 2017 storage issue with photo

• 5 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,

90% of the time , when I take a picture, the picture appears as a broken file in the gallery. There is adequate space left on the handset. I have also a fast 128gb memory card, which I tried to use as storage. It was properly formatted but same issue. I then inserted an old card from a phone with photos on it. Many of the pictures ended up lost.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi,

90% of the time , when I take a picture, the picture appears as a broken file in the gallery. There is adequate space left on the handset. I have also a fast 128gb memory card, which I tried to use as storage. It was properly formatted but same issue. I then inserted an old card from a phone with photos on it. Many of the pictures ended up lost.

If you install Google photos how does the photos show, also if connect to pc are they readable.

Could you try backing up phone with hi suite if used and then perform factory reset and just try photos before installing any apps to see if get same problem.

If you are still affected you may need a repair under warranty as it would suggest a possible memory issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello,

sync all your photos, to google pictures, and delete all photos in internal storage, if that's not helps try reformatting SD card or reset your device.