Question

Weak WIFI - delays in sending messages like Snapchat or WhatsApp

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
I've noticed weak Wifi signals sometimes, that causes my messages like on whats app or snap, to be delayed and not send right away, anyone else have this issue?

P smart 2019

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Geok,

Can you please tell me if you are having the same issue if you are using mobile data?

Also, is the issue manifesting on other devices with the WiFi conenction?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Same here, my psmart 2019 back with Huawei just waiting for a technician to look at it. Will keep you informed of the outcome.
Hi @Geok,

Can you please tell me if you are having the same issue if you are using mobile data?

Also, is the issue manifesting on other devices with the WiFi conenction?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max

Hi, i've never experienced this issue on Mobile data, though I am typically on Wifi alot more. I've noticed if I am down stairs near my router, this issue doesn't seem to appear, if I sit in my room it crops up from time to time.. so it is sounding to me it's a weak wifi signal, though my old phone that was also from Huawei, didn't seem to have this issue, at least not like this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Geok,

Thank you for letting me know!

Being closer to the source of WiFi always assures a better and more stable connection, so make sure you are in a close proximity so your device is able to pick up the WiFi signal.

You could try and perform a network settings reset to flush down the clogged data. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings Reset.

Additionally, perform a wipe cache partition from the recovery menu of the device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Userlevel 2
I can confirm this is happening even after a factory reset. The phone looses wifi connection very quick and the signal is not stable at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
[h4]Hi @alexmanu1 [/h4]
Did you also notice this happening when moving away from the router, or can the Wi-Fi connection drop from full signal at any time? Also, does this happen for multiple Wi-Fi networks?

Looking forward to your reply.
Userlevel 2
[h4]
Hi @alexmanu1
[/h4]

Did you also notice this happening when moving away from the router, or can the Wi-Fi connection drop from full signal at any time? Also, does this happen for multiple Wi-Fi networks?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi! Thank you for your reply!
I can stay near my router at about 1 meter away and the connection to drop a bar from time to time. It goes from 4 bars to 3 bars constantly and this happens even at higher distances and lower signal. I've tested my home router, university wifi and the campus one. Does not matter if it's 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, all had the same behavior. Sometimes, even though i am near my campus's wifi router, the signal drops to 2 bars and it does not want to load anything until i restart either the phone, either his wifi...
Hope this information helps! 🙂
Got mine back from Huawei with a replacement motherboard WiFi signal seems to be stronger and more stable but my p9 lite has always got a better signal strength showing "excellent" while the psmart 2019 shows "average" with the new motherboard. But the WiFi signal doesn't seem drop anymore, had it back for a week now.
Userlevel 2
Got mine back from Huawei with a replacement motherboard WiFi signal seems to be stronger and more stable but my p9 lite has always got a better signal strength showing "excellent" while the psmart 2019 shows "average" with the new motherboard. But the WiFi signal doesn't seem drop anymore, had it back for a week now.
Glad to hear that your WiFi connection got stable after changing the motherboard. The sad part is that not everyone has the time and resources to give the phone to Huawei or an official service place for assistance... And by resources i mean another phone to use while P Smart is in service...
Tried Huawei to see how it is...Waste of time... Never again... Too much compromises...Other brands listen to users and add features that users want. Here, not so much. Such a shame...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@alexmanu1 I do apologise for the inconvenience caused and that you were disappointed by your P Smart. From what you have described so far, it does seem like the phone developed a hardware fault and would need to be booked in for service. Unfortunately, manufacturing faults can occur on any phone model, but the manufacturers always do their best to fix them as soon as possible under warranty.

If you manage to acquire a backup phone and want to send us the phone for repair, please let us know and we'll gladly arrange that for you.

In the meantime, I will make sure to forward your feedback to our research&development department. Hopefully, they will adjust the update procedure accordingly. It would be great if you could also tell us some features that you would like to see on your P Smart.
Userlevel 2
@Max
Thank you and i appreciate your effort. I will consider in the future to send it to a service.

If you can send this feedback to the team in the research&development department, it would make the P Smart community happy because i, mostly, write here the problems that i encountered and i saw on 4pda.ru that users have and i can indeed confirm them.

Biggest problem that we have is the unloading apps from memory one... Apps don't stay in memory whatever we do... We want to copy something from chrome and paste to a word document and when we go back to chrome, the app refreshes. Another example would be using an app and receiving a Facebook Messenger message. The chat head gets created on the screen and when we tap on it and begin typing, the keyboard keeps closing and it sends us out of the chat head without finishing our message to type or send...It's very annoying to keep opening the chat head and begin to type again...

Another one is the sound of the notification. Sometimes the notification sound is stopped by the vibration of the phone... It's strange, the phone begins to play the notification sound and when the vibration comes, the sound is stopped and not played entirely. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes is like this and sometimes it does not play at all...

People are saying that the bottom/main speaker is too much unbalanced and i think is a software side issue. The mids are boosted at max volume and the low and highs are almost gone... When the ringtone sounds, it's sometimes painfull to our ears... The sound can be adjusted a bit...

Also, the sound in the headphones... It's too low... Even after changing settings in Histen... Please let the user get the amount of volume he wants...
Userlevel 2
@Max
Also, people want double tap to wake, to not have to press the power button or to raise the phone to wake/to authenticate by fingerprint.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @alexmanu1,

Thank you for inquiring about this! Those are some great suggestions!

I will forward those to the development team, so it will be considered for a future update.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know! Again, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Best wishes,
Max